• Show
Clear All

• for Boscoe and Panasonic

thought you might be interested in this grill

cool looking grill.
    needs to be on wheels.
    not many will see it tied to the ground like that

Comment

The ultimate in "fast" food ? Just throw in meat in the front, instant minced meat. Throw in flour instant bread/bun mix. Super fast cooking time. And incredibly quick delivery out the back- reach customers several miles away in seconds. Works at any altitude too!

Comment

That's pretty cool..looks like a lot of work was put into that conversion.!. I tried to find some information on who build it...I think it's some Delta guys.

Funny how a engine nacelle, that would be millions to buy new, once it reaches it's useful life or just plain obsolete can be bought for weight in scrap.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
            That's pretty cool..looks like a lot of work was put into that conversion.!. I tried to find some information on who build it...I think it's some Delta guys.

Funny how a engine nacelle, that would be millions to buy new, once it reaches it's useful life or just plain obsolete can be bought for weight in scrap.

Thanks for sharing.
            Sometimes less than scrap. There is a cost involved (can be high at times) to dismantle stuff to get to the goody parts.

I went to a Lockheed salvage yard one time. Got some brand new unused surplus honeycombed titanium faced panels for about a buck a pound as I recall. Lockheed was just trying to get rid of their waste. I had plans of making a super cool trunk out of it. I finally scapped it myself. It was too tough to cut. Nothing available to me would cut it.

I suspect that the cost of the panels had already been paid for via a US government contract. Government did not want the panels and Lockheed had to get rid of them due to no storage space. Like me when I have a yard sale. Stuff I want gone. Make me any kind of an offer and it is yours. Truth be known I might even give some stuff away.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
              I tried to find some information on who build it...I think it's some Delta guys.
              "who did it" holds no relevance for me, with no ties to the industry -

but I love a google search challenge, so, with that clue, here it is:
              (enjoyable video)

https://news.delta.com/it-grill-it-plane

Comment

I found that video as well. But I could not find anything about the engine nacelle grill. That makes me think it is a new creation from the Delta guys parked out back of their ops center.

It looks like it was made from a real engine nacelle and modified to be a grill...but hard to tell from the picture for sure. Pretty cool to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                X