new here, looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here, looking for help

Just joined today. Looked for search engine and couldnt find one, It is possible that Im screen blind. The matter I was looking to research was my 2004 or 5 150 hp HPDI has desided not to trim or tilt. Last year I found the unit low and refilled with Amsoil ATF and had no further issues after that. the initial leak appeared to be in a trim cylinder and it stopped or diminished while I was attempting to get the cap off. A month or so ago it was a tad low so I topped it back off and all was good until 2 weeks ago when it acted low so I tried topping it off again with no luck. I released the bleed srew and tried after that, with no luck. I had the lower unit held up with a come along and at one point it slipped and the skeg bottomed on a wooden block . At that point it would attempt to lower and it dribbled fluid out of the fill port. Now it refuses to go up or down. The pump sounds like its freewheeling, perhaps airbound. Im wondering if there is a specific trick to getting the pump chamber bled off so it can get a good "bite" on fluid. Can someone help me with this before I just pull the whole thing off and disassemble it.?

Here's a video that should help considerably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfPyXNQQOf4
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thank you for the reference.

Comment

Please post back if it helps or not.

If it doesn't work, others will chime in..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by pogyboat View Post
          Just joined today. Looked for search engine and couldnt find one, It is possible that Im screen blind. The matter I was looking to research was my 2004 or 5 150 hp HPDI has desided not to trim or tilt. Last year I found the unit low and refilled with Amsoil ATF and had no further issues after that. the initial leak appeared to be in a trim cylinder and it stopped or diminished while I was attempting to get the cap off. A month or so ago it was a tad low so I topped it back off and all was good until 2 weeks ago when it acted low so I tried topping it off again with no luck. I released the bleed srew and tried after that, with no luck. I had the lower unit held up with a come along and at one point it slipped and the skeg bottomed on a wooden block . At that point it would attempt to lower and it dribbled fluid out of the fill port. Now it refuses to go up or down. The pump sounds like its freewheeling, perhaps airbound. Im wondering if there is a specific trick to getting the pump chamber bled off so it can get a good "bite" on fluid. Can someone help me with this before I just pull the whole thing off and disassemble it.?
          There is no bleed screw on the PT&T unit.

With the motor raised in the full up tilt position, fluid should be added and the cap replaced. The motor should not be lowered with the cap removed or fluid can be lost.

Sounds like you unit is simply low of fluid. Raise the motor fully up. Add as much fluid as you can. Replace the cap. Lower the motor using the down trim button. Raise the motor fully up. You might have to physically assist it. Remove the cap. Add fluid. Replace the cap. Lower the motor. Raise the motor fully up. You might have to physically assist it.

Repeat the process until the motor will go up on its own. Add as much fluid as it will take. They system is self bleeding.

Now if the unit is externally leaking fluid the problem will have to be corrected. That or just keep adding fluid.

Comment

Working...
          X