2015 F150’s Overtemp Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 F150’s Overtemp Alarm

Was down in the key’s last week and had total of (3) over-temp alarms fire off. First day, headed offshore and on the way back in and Engine 1 gets an overtemp alarm. I immediately shut both engines down, then restart #2, look at the gauges and then restart engine #1 and temp is normal.. Went back out in the evening, everything seems normal no issues. Next day, head out on the Atlantic side and run good 15+ miles no issues, did some fishing until some storms started rolling in. Ran over to Gulf side, good 30 min. ride back to Vaca Cut without issue until I come off plane as approaching no-wake zone, bam.. yet another over temp this time Engine #2.. Same deal, shut down, restart both engines all seems fine. Next day had one more occurrence, back to Engine #1.

Some other info, both Engines have less than 120hrs and had the 100hr service done. There was a LOT of sea-grass floating around, I chatted with a few other folks that had a similar experience so I guess grass blocking the intake would make sense. I looked at the alerts saved on my Garmin, shows the overtemp alarm and the temp when captured. The first two were under 140 degrees, 3rd was at 140 degrees..

Both motors appear to be fine my question is should I go ahead and do an oil change and should I replace impellors?

Sounds like the sea-grass was probably your issue. The pick ups aren't that big and running at speed (with sea weed blocking flow, would significantly cut back water flow.

As you shut down immediately and the engine is running fine in CLEAN WATER, I strongly suspect your water pumps are fine. (The F150 WP vanes are very stout)

It doesn't need an oil change from this incident..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X