Tilt & Trim Stuck VZ200LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt & Trim Stuck VZ200LA

The motor is tilted up about half way and will not go up nor down using either the throttle or engine switch. I can hear the motor running but that's it. I am thinking loss of fluid but unsure how to fill it. I did watch some You Tube Videos but it was on older models. This engine has a reservoir that looks like it holds the fluid but the engine has no trail lock (jackplate) but it's up far enough to get to the fill plug? Is there a procedure out there to do this? I am not sure what will happen when I pull the plug.

Pull the plug if no oil come's out it is low.I use a oil can to fill them, add fluid and trim up at the same time. when full
    fluid should be at the bottom of the plug hole trimed up all the way up.

Comment

Thanks, no issue with the engine dropping when I pull the plug?

Comment

Nope,If you are worried block it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
          Thanks, no issue with the engine dropping when I pull the plug?
          You are pulling the plug on trim oil tank, correct?
          shouldn’t drop. Manual release screw will drop it

Comment

Block it up anyway...shouldn't move...but block it up anyway.

Where's the fluid going, known leak?

Comment

Not the fluid. Opened the reservoir and got some to come out. Red in color. Tried to add more and rock it but nothing. I am thinking gear case since the motor runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
                Not the fluid. Opened the reservoir and got some to come out. Red in color. Tried to add more and rock it but nothing. I am thinking gear case since the motor runs.
                Did you try rocking it up and down while the motor is running? Obviously would take two people...

Comment

motor needs to be tilted up as far as it can go before adding fluid, block it and release the up pressure.

since it cannot move with the T&T motor , open manual release and move it by hand with helping hands or jack if needed.

not sure what you mean by gear case

Comment

Opened the manual valve and dropped the motor a couple of inches. Up and down trim started working. Ran the motor all the way up and added about 2oz of fluid. I guess you cant really tell the right amount of fluid needed unless the motor is all the way up. Seems to work ok now but the fluid had to go somewhere.
                    Thanks for everyone help on this.

Comment

Working...
                    X