oil pump adjustment on a yamaha 60hp 2stroke 1997

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pump adjustment on a yamaha 60hp 2stroke 1997

hello there i would like to ask about oil pump adjustment on a yamaha 2stroke 60hp 1997 model i had a broken clip and i just replaced it also i replaced the the bottom main line from oil tank to oil pump do i need to bleed the pump ? now my setting is like this at neutral position thanks for reading
    Last edited by amefisss; 07-14-2018, 10:59 AM.

Looks to be three model numbers for 1997. Which is it?

Comment

I cant recall sadly I think it’s the last one

Comment

60 fetol I think serial number is 471035
        Last edited by amefisss; 07-14-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Outside the US. Maybe Roscoe can translate to
          a US model so we can direct you to a service manual for directions. Unless a Walleye or Rodbolt can identify and direct from pic.

Comment

Roscoe sent the OP the oil pump adjustment procedure via email.

Unless the oil pump has been removed there is no reason to bleed it.

Not sure what he is looking for now.

We never get to know the complete model identity of any motor so there is nothing new there.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the answers guys oil pump is adjusted the only issue now is with the spark plugs 2 of them looking normal grey except the last one is black wet maybe I need to adjust air mixture screw... anyone knows the normal turns for the air screw on this engine ?

Comment

1 & 1/2 turns out from being lightly seated. Plus or minus 1/4 turn.

Comment

On the three US models posted (for parts on this site), all have a separate fuel pump.

If the diaphragm is leaking, it can flood / run rich the cylinder the vacuum / pulse it's pulling from...

Might want to peek at that, especially if its original (at 21 years old).
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                  X