No announcement yet.

2006 Yamaha F150 TLR high idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So out here messing with it double checking my linkage I found a switch on bottom of shift linkage shfit cut off switch. When I depress the whole arm it drops down to idle. But holding it there for 15 seconds or so it idles back up and throws a code for it. Is this normal

Comment

If I had a f150 or had a friend that did so I could put my hands on it ,then I might have wanted it. but since I do not, I do not need it

I am a lot like you and like working on things but I do not see the need for that right now

Comment

Originally posted by Sweatnreds View Post
        So out here messing with it double checking my linkage I found a switch on bottom of shift linkage shfit cut off switch. When I depress the whole arm it drops down to idle. But holding it there for 15 seconds or so it idles back up and throws a code for it. Is this normal
        My understanding (could be wrong) is when you go to switch to neutral (from in gear), it That switch) kills ignition momentarily to un-load the prop / shaft and make shifting into neutral much easier.

RB will chime in, but it doesn't sound right..

Did you read the PDF and check the settings(voltages, etc) vs your engine?
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yes checked voltages and what not. I found a nut loose on the throttle body <lower one> I tightened it. Makes since on the shift switch. I unplugged IAC and started engine and made no difference. It does operate but I'm thinking it's not operating properly. I am on the process of soaking it and gonna try it again tonight to see if it worked out to at least know that's it. If not I'm gonna button it back up and probably take it to a shop. I just know I'm gonna be raped as it's not a immediate in your face problem that I can see standing out.

Comment

That lower nut may have just loosened, but not likely to on it's own.. (IE, someone may have been dinking in there)

As the engine is new to you, you may want to check part #20, that their all in place.

One missing, not seated correctly, can cause a major air leak and most likely a high idle(I don't think the computer can compensate that much for that big a leak.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...-0405/intake-3

Could be the intake manifold is missing the seal (depending on what the previous owner did).

You could also use some flammable aerosol in those area's (starting fluid, propane should be ok) and see if there's any change in the RPM's.
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-12-2018, 12:23 PM.
            Scott

Comment

Yes I can tear it down and gonna recheck for leaks. It did oh down to an idle when I sprayed around the iac previously. Oh I can tell someone had their hands on it prior. Some scratches and what not on the butter flys. They all look to be seated fine. But I'm gonna pull them. Lean inspect anyway. I rather know what's what and it right before running it again.alot of times I travel along way fro. The ramp into areas with 6-7 ft tides swings and dont let me how lost I can get in the marsh in se lousiana. Lol reliability is a must.

Comment

If you look above on this page, you'll see "purchase Yamaha parts" (or use my link).

After pulling up your engine and clicking in the correct area (IE intake), you can see what SHOULD be where, the order, etc.

I find this VERY helpful, especially with an engine that's been molested...
                Scott

Comment

Just got throttle body off and the lower butterfly is not closed all the way. Looks like some one buggered them up. More than likely my air leak

Comment

I haven't had mine off but with a manometer, one of the TB's vacuum was off some (and not adjustable).

I have no idea how far off physically the butterfly was/is.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X