2006 Yamaha F150 TLR high idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Yamaha F150 TLR high idle

I bought a used 2006 F150 TLR and has a high idle. I don't have much previous info on engine other than hours of 107. I have been trying to diagnose a high idle issue. It idles around 1200 rpm or so. I have bought the YDS software and have no codes. Here is a few things I have checked. IAC valve clicks and rattles on shut off. Pulled out and ran test and it moved up and down like I think it should. Pulled air intake silencer and verified the throttle body is fully closed. Checked all electrical connections and what not. Issue still persist. I have ran the active test on the IAC valve and it seems to test correctly. The TPS voltage at idle is .7 There is a few values that throw me off. The timing is around 8-10 degrees and the IAC valve says it is at 30%.

So back to the IAC testing. I found a air tube of some sort that connects to it and removed it. Made no change. I found that tube while trying to find air leaks. I plugged that hole and the engine would reduce rpms but not to where they should be.

Side note I have the throttle linkage disconnected and checked all the other linkage and all seems ok.

Any advice?

Use the latest Yamaha sync and link procedure. See if that works.

The latest procedure has the throttle valves cracked open a tad. The IAC valve then works on a different schedule.

Comment

Does any one know where I can find the latest Sync and link procedure at?

Comment

Got it on my laptop. Having issues. Maybe Scott can email it

Comment

JustinSweat83@gmail.com I downloaded a service manual and been reading though it but don't see anything about the flys being cracked open.

Comment

Procedure was an update I do believe.

Comment

posting a screen shot of the YDS read out at idle might let Rodbolt or someone give you some input on what all is out of wack

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    Got it on my laptop. Having issues. Maybe Scott can email it
                    Just e-mailed the latest link and sync version (to my knowledge) to Justin and you, Pat.
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

thought I would try to make it easier to read

that did not work as well as I thought it would, I tried to enlarge it more., but it dropped back down when i posted it.
                      also I see in the second pic that the shift switch is ON, not sure if it means it is in gear or neutral.
                      someone will know

Scott, you see anything different on his read out than yours
                      Last edited by 99yam40; 07-11-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I don't have any pic's of it plugged in, monitoring it.

Yam99, if you want a copy of it, PM me an e-mail address. I hate electrics (short of the basic stuff).
                        You may find it interesting as you have a bunch of electrical back round..
                        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-11-2018, 03:12 PM.
                        Scott

Comment

Thanks received the email. I'll try to tinker with it this evening when I get home. I'm gonna disconnect the shift linkage and check that switch.

Comment

OP
                            I did not mean for you to disconnect it, I was just wondering if it was suppose to be ON when in neutral or in gear.
                            I could see the ECU being able to work it both ways.

Scott what are you offering to send me about electrics?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Scott what are you offering to send me about electrics?
                              That F150 link and sync procedure (small PDF).

As your WAY MORE comfortable with electric's (than I), you could probably diagnose a bunch as the spec's, how to sync, voltages, etc should be (in that PDF)
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X