F8 MSH initial air screw setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F8 MSH initial air screw setting?

Going thru a customers carb (F8 MSH), (doesn't idle) after being submerged in brackish water (not running).

It was washed / got running the same day however (as noted) doesn't idle W/O the choke.

Carb was just disassembled by myself, lots of dirt / crud (not varnish) inside (literally falling out as I removed a jet) and a very clogged and FROZEN low speed jet. That eventually came out with an Easy Out and a new one ordered.

Anyway, looked for the shop manual (found the owners manual). The usual link didn't show the F8.

** I need the initial # of turns out for the AIR SCREW (should be under the sealed cover-but isn't). It WAS screwed fully in.

If someone has that setting #, it'd be appreciated.

Tks, Scott

BTW, per the parts manual (two versions of this engine) there is no accelerator pump, which this one clearly has (and was corroded /seized). Neat set up...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

1 & 3/8 plus or minus 3/8.

Comment

EPA is y its not listed, 2.5 to 3 turns out is good.

Comment

Thanks guys!
        Scott

Comment

More than the initial setting is almost never bad. Reason being they are now made to run so lean at times they almost won't run at all. Larger jet sizes have been known to help some problematic Yams.

Screw the EPA. They don't do a damn thing about the core cause of pollution. All they want to do is put a band aid on the problem and not fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            More than the initial setting is almost never bad. Reason being they are now made to run so lean at times they almost won't run at all. Larger jet sizes have been known to help some problematic Yams.

Screw the EPA. They don't do a damn thing about the core cause of pollution. All they want to do is put a band aid on the problem and not fix it.
            Besides lots of dirt coming out (from being under water, that low speed jet was completely clogged with what appeared to be varnish. Carb cleaner and 150 psi wouldn't clear it. The smallest jet cleaner (SS rod), did it. The jet was scrap at that point (drilling and the Easy Out destroyed the screwdriver head). Someone had the air screw adjusted fully in ( I gather to reduce air and get more fuel in at idle).

The jet comes in tomorrow, very easy re-assembly, should run like a top. With being under water, besides hand cleaning, it got treated to an Ultra Sonic cleaning..

I'll update Thursday or Friday once assembled.
            Scott

Comment

Working...
            X