Congratulations to pstephens46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to pstephens46

Rumor has it that his hometown will be getting a new monument.

Try not to celebrate too much.

I am getting too old for all this stuff. Not handling change well.

Pat getting a statute of himself?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I don’t pay much attention to
      local news. Either really hokey reporting or people shooting each other. I live 30 minutes south of Savannah.

Is it the Confederate statue that is being converted?

Comment

Don't know about a Confederate statute but it is supposed to be some momentous monument to the man. MLK. The right reverend. The good doctor.

On a related note, there is a move afoot to have the monument on Stone Mountain ground off. It is insensitive.

I did not know this but just heard on the radio (confirmed by Wiki) that the State of Georgia bought Stone Mountain as a tribute to the Confederacy. In response to Brown versus the board of education ruling of 1954 it was stated. State law prohibits the carvings on Stone Mountain from being messed with. I suspect that law will be changed.

The times they are a changing. Not necessarily for the better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Don't know about a Confederate statute but it is supposed to be some momentous monument to the man. MLK. The right reverend. The good doctor.

On a related note, there is a move afoot to have the monument on Stone Mountain ground off. It is insensitive.

I did not know this but just heard on the radio (confirmed by Wiki) that the State of Georgia bought Stone Mountain as a tribute to the Confederacy. In response to Brown versus the board of education ruling of 1954 it was stated. State law prohibits the carvings on Stone Mountain from being messed with. I suspect that law will be changed.

The times they are a changing. Not necessarily for the better IMO.
          I thought Stone Mountain was privately owned? Have to go research.

If that is the case, the movement can go pound sand. Just like the folks griping about Augusta National....

Comment

Working...
          X