Yamaha OX66 overheat warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha OX66 overheat warning

My 2001 OX66 SX250TXRZ sounds off when I ***** slowly or idle for a few minutes. I slowly accelerate for about 30 seconds and it goes away. The stream out of the "P" hole is steady, although kinda thin. The motor is clean and was just recently introduced to salt water from its fresh water lake existence. Otherwise, it runs like a top. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Title reads overheat warning

Body of text reads “something sounds off”

two issues?

edit....”Alarm sounds off”. As in it activates?

Have you inspected or replaced the poppet/ water pressure control valve?? It may be stuck open.
    Last edited by pstephens46; 07-08-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks pstephens46. Not two issues . . .just my descriptions. The alarm on the gauge sounds, and the icon blinks. (This is the same icon that blinks for oil shortage.) Have not replaced the poppet, but that is my next move when I bring the boat off my lift and into my driveway on the trailer. At the same time, I will do other maintenance.

Comment

Hopefully that may be it. Cheap easy fix. Keep your fingers crossed

Comment

oil icon should not light up for overheat, and gauge does not have a buzzer

Comment

Yep, best find out what the alarm is for rather than just having a stab in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
              Yep, best find out what the alarm is for rather than just having a stab in the dark.
              Puzzling I agree. “Icon blinks, same one as oil”

or something similar. Been one of those days.....

Comment

Working...
              X