Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is the wiring; not sure how it applies to your problem
    as you can see,
    the key switch and the kill switch are connected in parallel to the white and the black
    black of course being ground
    and white comes off a pin on the ECU
    grounding the white "tells the ECM to stop the engine"

normally the alarm horn sounds if you crank with the lanyard pulled;
    the ECM detects that the flywheel is turning while it is in "stopped" mode

but it puzzles me that you say
    "when I turn the key to the on position the alarm buzzer goes off and continues to sound until I crank the engine "

this early in the a..m. the only thing I can think of is WIF alarm....

Comment

Thank you Mr. Fairdeal for the wiring diagram as you say it might not be my problem but it is certainly nice to have. If the only purpose of the white wire is to kill the engine would disconnecting the white wire at the 10 pin connector bypass the kill circuit and allow the engine to run (assuming the kill circuit is the problem) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar Minnow View Post
        would disconnecting the white wire at the 10 pin connector bypass the kill circuit and allow the engine to run (assuming the kill circuit is the problem) ?
        certainly disconnecting the white wire would prevent one from being able to stop the engine -

but I don't see how "the kill circuit is the problem:
        if it was being "inappropriately" grounded,
        then the alarm would be sounding while the starter motor runs.

but again, I don't understand
        "when I turn the key to the on position,
        the alarm buzzer goes off and continues to sound until I crank the engine "

this is a new development in your saga?
        showed up after you replaced the main relay?

Comment

Mr. Fairdeal I think I just found something with the buzzer issue - the pin connector shown in the diagram you sent me is badly corroded and when I wiggle it the buzzer sounds and then goes off then back on again but to answer your question I do not remember this being an issue before I changed the main relay - also the oil light no longer lights up when I turn the ignition key on but buzzer sounds and continues to sound as I crank the engine I just could not hear it over the engine noise.

Comment

It's seems like you are jumping from place to place without fully testing anything, and getting deeper in trouble, you now have some self inflicted faults from what I understand.

Comment

with your after market rigging depending on who and how the oil light got rigged it may come on at key on engine off.
              any yellow or yellow/red wire should be hot at key on.
              makes it easy to check for 12+ at the coils and injectors.

Comment

Hey fellas I finally got it fixed - I got to thinking about what yall said and I just began tracing wires for continuity in places that it should be according to the wiring diagram that Mr. Fair Deal kindly provided and as it turns out it was a bad ignition switch - since I was getting 12.6 volts at the coils I had just assumed that the switch was fine - cheap fix. Thank you for all of your help.

Comment

Working...
                X