Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 60fet0 engine..NEED HELP PLEASE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 60fet0 engine..NEED HELP PLEASE??

Hi everyone. i am new here and from norway.
    Sorry for the english but i wil try to explain the problem,
    It runs great while on land, while hooked up to water hose.. we can give it full throttle and no problem.
    But in water, it runs great on idle but as soon we give it som throttle it wont go further than about 20% of throttle and then it dies out. Starts easy again..
    Things ive checked.. is fuelpump, autolube. carburators. everythings looks fine and ok.

Any one have an idea of what could be wrong?

a motor needs more fuel to create power.
    my guess is the fuel system needs attention
    check/clean/replace fuel pump, lines, and filters.
    clean carbs properly and set to specs in manual

but never hurts to check compression, replace plugs, and check timing

Comment

Running a motor out of the water means absolutely nothing. Well it does mean that it will run out of water so if that is the objective then the motor is running well I suppose.

Like 99Yam says check the fuel supply. Mist some gasoline into the air intake system when it starts to stumble or bog down and see if it momentarily gets better. If so, fix the carburetor problem.

A carburetor can look just fine and not be worth a damn.

Comment

I have cleaned and checked fuel lines, filters, opened and cleaned the carbs, it have an Y shaped mist from the nozzle and it looks fine.. Can it be something with the cdi box? and do you have any idea of the settings to the lever marked in red circle? i disconnected that arm when we tested it out on the water, and as i adjusted it, we got it to go better....?!?!

Comment

Did you pull ALL the JETS out, blow carb cleaner thru the bodies and check to see day light thru the tiny orifices?
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X