Balancer Composite Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balancer Composite Gears

My F150's gears have started whining so the dealer recommended changing them but said that the steel gears aren't available until the parts arrive from Japan in about 10-15 days. This must be a common composite gears upgrade. So I'm dead (not) in the water til then.

aka Reel Kahuna

The latest 63P series F150 uses a 63P-11500-04-00 balancer. This particular part uses composite gears. This is the latest and greatest part number from Yamaha USA. It is available in all three of Yamaha US's warehouses.

Not sure where your dealer is getting information from with respect to a balancer that uses all steel gears.

An F150C (6DA prefix) model uses a 6DA-11500-00-00 balancer. I have no idea if it has all steel gears or not. But it is not for earlier F150 models.

Comment

Run forrest run!

Comment

Boscoe, I may have mis-quoted the dealer. He said he did check the 3 warehouses that were all out of the upgraded gears and have ordered a pair. I just assumed they were steel not composite...my bad.

Comment

If they are not too bad you could use the motor until the new ones come in.
          Rod has said it will give plenty of notice that they are going, not an all of a sudden problem
          was the noise bad?

also I would make sure what they ordered is the one Boscoe mentioned

Comment

An F150C (6DA prefix) model uses a 6DA-11500-00-00 balancer. I have no idea if it has all steel gears or not. But it is not for earlier F150 models.[/QUOTE]

This balancer appears to be for the F200. So there are some models of the F150 that use this part also? Interesting. I would think that Boats.net has the -04 version in stock. Popular part. Shop here in town stocks them.
            Last edited by pstephens46; 06-30-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

An F150C (6DA prefix) model uses a 6DA-11500-00-00 balancer. I have no idea if it has all steel gears or not. But it is not for earlier F150 models.
              This balancer appears to be for the F200. So there are some models of the F150 that use this part also? Interesting. I would think that Boats.net has the -04 version in stock. Popular part. Shop here in town stocks them.[/QUOTE]

this shows it for some of the F150,175, &200
              https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6DA-11500-00-00

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/63P-11500-04-00

it does show available(in stock) to my area code
              Last edited by 99yam40; 06-30-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

The first rule of Yamaha's is not being taken into consideration. There are F150's and there are F150's.

2.7 liter models and 2.8 liter models. The only thing in common is the first part of their model identity.

Given that no one ever wants to say what motor they have, we are always left to wonder. I know more about top secret NSA files than I know about a motor that is being asked a query of.
                Last edited by boscoe99; 06-30-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Boscoe, what's a "DEC" model? And when was it introduced?

Below is my newish "04" type balancer(just before I installed). To the naked eye, it looks the same as the "03" balancer, IE no steel gears.
                  (Engine is an '06 model)

BTW, it's MUCH cheaper ordering here than at the dealer. I had mine within a couple of days... Doesn't take 1/2 hour to change out (and can do so on the water)

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-01-2018, 07:16 AM.
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

a lot depends on how bad it got before changing.
                    if there is debris that needs to be cleaned out down in the oil system, it will not be that easy

Comment

DEC is digital electronic control. flyby wire if you will.
                      as far as debris, not much in the way of cleaning anything.
                      that system flows all the oil that lubricates shiney parts through the oil filter. what the filter cannot handle is dumped back into the oil sump.
                      I have seen balancer failures that the oil pump suction was great enough to pull the sump screen out.
                      cut open the oil filter and see.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

First introduced on the F300/F350 model circa 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Below is my newish "04" type balancer(just before I installed). To the naked eye, it looks the same as the "03" balancer, IE no steel gears.
                          (Engine is an '06 model)

BTW, it's MUCH cheaper ordering here than at the dealer. I had mine within a couple of days... Doesn't take 1/2 hour to change out (and can do so on the water)

I'll check if "here" has one for an '07 model and if so, I'll contact the shop if he can cancel his order and install the ones from here. Thanks

Comment

seems you bought a new motor did you not?

Is it still under warranty?
                            also you forgot to Identify exactly what motor you have.
                            that causes people to put out numbers that may not be for your motor

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

This balancer appears to be for the F200. So there are some models of the F150 that use this part also? Interesting. I would think that Boats.net has the -04 version in stock. Popular part. Shop here in town stocks them.
                              this shows it for some of the F150,175, &200
                              https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6DA-11500-00-00

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/63P-11500-04-00

it does show available(in stock) to my area code[/QUOTE]

Where and how are you seeing that? Do you have to have an account to see this?

Never mind. I just found it.

Comment

Working...
                              X