No announcement yet.

Anything else I can do Yamaha F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on the waiting list (about 4 weeks now) of a shop that has worked before on it. Just trying to see if I can figure out while waiting. I have learned a lot about how the motor works and appreciate all the help so far. I don't mind buying the tools necessary but takes some time to figure out what I need and to find decent pricing. Just thought someone may have run across this before and could give pointers. I have ruled out many things so hopefully shop can move more quickly.

Closest thing I have heard with similar symptoms was one with a chaffed wire that ran across the throttle cable and was contacting the metal.

I will ill keep looking and buy a few more tools until the shop gives me a call. Then I can hopefully handle a lot of what comes up.

Comment

I don't know what year this procedure was made BUT, RB figured it out 3 years BEFORE Yamaha posted it (on his own '06((I think)) F150. So that would make this PDF at least from 2009.

I had low idle issues (occasional stalling) when the engine was under warranty. The shop replaced the entire TB assembly which helped for a little while and the RPMs dropped eventually.

Found a Master Tech at another shop and he was able to adjust (whether he used this procedure I don't know) the engine while hooked up to the YDIS.

Been fine ever since...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X