2006 Yamaha 150 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Yamaha 150 2 stroke

my 150 has been running fine about month ago it started dropping a cylinder so I put plugs and change my fuel filter and it was running fine then it started again now it’ runs good in early morning you can 6 or 7 miles np fish in the afternoon when you start back sometime it will not get on plane so today I stop cut it off and crank it back up it took off any idea

yea, what in the world did you say?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed99651955 View Post
      my 150 has been running fine about month ago it started dropping a cylinder so I put plugs and change my fuel filter and it was running fine then it started again now it’ runs good in early morning you can 6 or 7 miles np fish in the afternoon when you start back sometime it will not get on plane so today I stop cut it off and crank it back up it took off any idea
      Agree with the above! Huh? Can you re-read what you wrote, explain better and add some punctuation? C'mon man, if you want help you have to take the time to give accurate info.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

The motor in afternoon when it is hot will start skipping and has no power I have found if I stop and cut the motor off and crank it up sometime it will run fine then

Comment

Did you try to pump the primer ball when the engine was acting up?

Get a portable 5 gallon tank and run the engine off of it...see if it happens again.

Comment

It was hard I check it but I am going to put one one tomorrow

Comment

I did prime to because I thought that could be

Comment

Do you think it could be in coils

Comment

Talk to the Yamaha people today they think it’s might be coil told me to check the grounds sorry if I did not explain it Right I suffer a brain injury in 2015 some time I don’t communicate very well

Comment

If it's "skipping" very quickly - almost like someone is flipping a switch, then you could be on the right track as it sounds electrical in nature. If it's much slower, then it's more likely to be fuel related. There are certain things I'm good at, other things I'm not. Checking the various/different coils is not one of those things I can speak of from experience. However, there are tests that can be done to help narrow things down - I looked only briefly, but there is mention of it in the service manual. Maybe you want to invest in one of those? They're not expensive. BUT... good, clean, tight electrical connections are always a great place to start since without that, the rest is sometimes useless.

Youi know, sometimes I re-read my posts after I submit them and I think "what the heck did I just write". It helps to not post "right away"... let it set for a few minutes and go and do something else. Then come back and re-read it (or have someone re-read it for you) to see if it makes sense. Remember, we can only help based on the info that is written - if it is not clear, then the help you get will not be very clear, either.
                    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed99651955 View Post
                      Talk to the Yamaha people today they think it’s might be coil told me to check the grounds sorry if I did not explain it Right I suffer a brain injury in 2015 some time I don’t communicate very well
                      No need to be sorry. If you feel it could be a coil then check the grounds and also check the plug caps. There should be a resistance check in the Service Manual for the coils as well.

Do the plugs look to be all the same color?

Do you have a service manual?

Comment

Thanks you

Comment

I do not have service manual I bought the motor used. I will look into trying to find one

Comment

Post your exact model and serial number on the data plate located on the transom bracket. I will direct you to one online.

Comment

You should find your manual here.

https://www.vansoutboardparts.com/se...a-shop-manuals

Comment

Working...
                              X