No announcement yet.

Battery Drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a nmea 2000 network wired directly to battery it will drain it. But it usually takes several days with a good battery

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Spell out the above bolded using a ZERO digit, "C0ckpit"
      Good idea. "If" I remember, I'll do that next time!
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Got back down to the boat over the 4th and did some testing. Two circuits were showing a draw with the battery switch on and the ignition switch off. The NMEA network was drawing 86 mA. I was surprised it was that much (good call Seadude). I guess I could rewire it so it only works when the key is on. The big draw is a AM/FM/CD player that was pulling 340 mA. That seems like a lot. Something may be screwed up with the way it is wired, but I since I haven't used it since I have owned the boat, I just left the fuse out. I deferred any additional electrical work for cooler weather. I went fishing instead, but the fishing down here on the Rappahannock has been awful. The theory I am hearing is that we had so much rain in May and June that the salinity in the river is way down and the fish are staying further down the Bay. We caught one catfish and a few blue crabs.

Comment

most radios,some tachs and a few other devices have memory circuits that have a parasitic drin until the battery is switched off.

Comment

Working...
          X