LX250TXRY OX66 lower unit rebuiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX250TXRY OX66 lower unit rebuiled

Looking for this oil seal housing for the shift shaft on a 2000 Salt water 2 series OX66 250 , I am having trouble finding the correct part. Any help would be much appreciated.

Part #20?

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...ing-drive-3-lx
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

That is just the seal, I also need the housing that the seal goes into.

Comment

how about #18

seems you can see it in that parts breakdown, right?

Comment

You need the o-ring too.

Comment

yes, I need the o ring, housing and seal. I have one as shown in #18 and it is not the correct one. here are 2 pictures of what I have but of course destroyed it getting it out.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but your very first pic appears to show threaded tabs adjacent to the hole.

The above pic doesn't show any threaded holes...

Could part #18 fit in the opening and are there mounting screws? Could be an updated part...
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I have part #18 and it is not the right part, the first pic I posted was taken off of a website, the other 2 pics are from the lower unit I am working on.

Comment

I would think if the part is wrong then you do not give the correct model # or you have the wrong lower unit .
                  maybe someone swapped the lower somewhere down the road

Comment

I am looking parts up based on the serial number off the clamp plate, but yes the lower could have been swapped sometime to a different year, I just have not been able to come up with a year that shows that particular part.

Comment

Trying to remember.....didn’’t Rodbolt say there are some numbers on lower unit under the anode? Look where the trim tab is mounted on the lower and see if there are numbers stamped on it.

Edit. There are numbers under trim tab for F150. Haven’t tried to decode them yet.
                      Last edited by pstephens46; 06-18-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

biggest issue?
                        that is not a pic of a 250 2 stroke housing. it is a pic of a later 4 stroke V6 with dual water intakes.

Comment

I there any way to identify the year of the lower by the numbers under the zinc "AP20060600" or "AP20860600"
                          Last edited by brian825; 06-20-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X