Remote 703 Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote 703 Wiring

I have a 703 remote, no trim. It has a pigtail with 2 sets of wires. 1= black, (2 yellow into one connector), pink; 2= black, yellow, green. What are these wires designated for? My desire is to provide house power when the key is on. Eventually I will add gauges. This is a small wooden boat, single battery with a battery switch. House power is only for lights, and I have a battery (voltage) gauge I'd like to use.

Thanks.

Is there a main harness connected to your 703 control box? There should be.

Now if you are talking about some other wires coming from the control box that have bullet connectors on them they are for connection to a fused harness that runs to gauges. Normally there is a red (battery power) wire, a yellow wire (key on power), black (ground) and green (tachometer signal).

Within the control box there should be a pink wire but it should be connected to the buzzer.

Comment

Yes, I have the main harness to the motor. So now you bring up a good point concerning the pink wire. I was told that the buzzer is on the motor itself, so now I want to make sure that is present and working. There is no red in the pigtail. So the yellow wire is for power to gauges, OK. House wiring I will do separate from the motor/remote wiring.
      Last edited by slivings2018; 06-14-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

What make/model of boat are you working on? The bit that I can see looks interesting.

Comment

Damn if I can find out where the pink, black and yellow wires are to go.

There is a buzzer inside the 703 to which the pink wire and the yellow wire are connected. Yellow provides voltage to the buzzer when the key is on. The engine provides a ground via the pink wire to cause the buzzer to sound.

Maybe rodnut will come along and let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            What make/model of boat are you working on? The bit that I can see looks interesting.
            I am also interested in a picture of that wooden boat. Please post a picture.

Comment

Looks like some Yams use a remote warning buzzer. That is what the yellow, black and pink wires are for. Should not be needed in your case. Assuming your particular control box has a warning buzzer located within. Open it up and take a look. Let us know please.

Comment

even easier, let us know the model of the motor. maybe we can save you some time.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  even easier, let us know the model of the motor. maybe we can save you some time.
                  "The model number is 30ESRP" he says. That is the SM that I linked him to.

Comment

This OP is rolling with two threads.....

Comment

Working...
                    X