New Mercury motors - test reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mercury motors - test reports

Stole this from THT. Interesting data, especially fuel burn. Stunning actually. Specifically on the V6 200.

https://mercurymarine.widencollectiv...rformanceTests
    Last edited by pstephens46; 06-12-2018, 04:29 PM.

Not too sure I would take a "test" done by the manufacturer as being exactly truthful, same goes for tests done by magazines and so on that take advertising money from manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
      Not too sure I would take a "test" done by the manufacturer as being exactly truthful, same goes for tests done by magazines and so on that take advertising money from manufacturers.
      True. I would give them a couple years to work out bugs, etc. Roscoe’s buddy Whaler is already trying to discredit the motors. Now, as I understand, these new Mercs are not direct injection. That appeals to me. We shall see....
      Competition is good.

Comment

Yes, the motors may well be fantastic, but tests done by people with a financial interest tend to get fudged to make things appear much better than they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
          Yes, the motors may well be fantastic, but tests done by people with a financial interest tend to get fudged to make things appear much better than they really are.
          Let's assume they all fudge. Comparing Merc's fudged report versus Yamaha's. 1-2 mpg improvement is huge. 225hp Merc.JPG

Comment

Working...
          X