Boat Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Wiring

I have an old boat that I'm wiring up to a 1997 Yamaha 30 HP 2-stroke. Where can I find wiring diagrams? If I bought a service manual, would it have useful wiring diagrams for the whole boat, not just the motor?

Thanks.

The boat and motor are two completely different entities. As such, there would be two different manuals. Depending on the boat manufacturer, you may have a good manual for it... or it may be pretty much non-existant.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

What is the complete model?

A manual start tiller steered pre mix models might not use any wiring at all between it and the boat. An electric start remote con*****ed oil injection model would have some. The some depends on the specific model.

Comment

The model number is 30ESRP. I also posted another question concerning the pigtails from the 703 remote, specifically what they are used for.

Comment

The SM's typically do not have data depicting the connection of the motor to the controls. Some very old ones might but most don't.

Here is a diagram from the outboard rigging guide that shows the generally arrangement of the motor being connected to the boat. Shown is the 703 control box that has the trim and tilt switch. If yours does not then it should have a seven pin connector on the end that will mate with the seven pin connector on the motor.

The black, yellow and green wires in one wire harness are shown as being connected to the instruments. I am trying to figure out where the other pink, black and yellow wires go.

Comment

Here is a link to the SM for your model. Page 6-21 depicts the wires from the 703 control box but does not indicate where they go. That I see anyway.

You gotta love Yamaha data. It a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

https://www.vansoutboardparts.com/se...amaha-30h/file

Comment

it is easy, you don't need a masters.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                it is easy, you don't need a masters.
                OK, but would you share what the pink,black, and yellow open ended wires go to?

Comment

I suspect that it is a stupidly simple system. I will be so embarrassed when the answer is known.

Here is all that I could come up with.

Comment

Working...
                  X