Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    Why did you order so many?
    Because for 12 bucks it is cheap insurance in case one of the new ones do break............same reason I keep spare starters, plugs, Filters etc on the boat...........good insurance.

Comment

hopefully the new ones will last as long as the motors
      if you are like me I would probably forget where I put them if not needed for a few years
      Last edited by 99yam40; 06-04-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

if you are like me I would probably forget where I put them if not needed for a few years
        I do tend to lose stuff.............that's why I store them on the boat where I would eventually need them............I am of the mid set ...if it breaks...buy 3 and keep spares where they may be needed.

Comment

When I get back from buying new parts for the parts that I could not find they will be right there on the work bench.

The way to find a hopelessly lost part is to buy a replacement part.

Now the way to create an immediate demand for an old aging unneeded part is to throw it out.

Comment

Yep
            this weekend the v belt on clothes washing machine made some strange knocking noise.
            opened it up to see a chunk missing. looked all over for that spare belt and could not find it.
            Maybe I had already used the spare.
            anyway I ordered a 3 pack cheaper on line including shipping than I could buy one locally if the the Sears part store was still here(which it is not)
            Just hoping they are half way decent belts and they get here before I run out of clean under wear.
            but then I could go buy more new ones( probably needed anyway) if they do not

Comment

Working...
            X