Engine Model year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Model year

Hi All. I am having difficulty with identifying the year of my outboard. It is a 2-stroke 115 HP unit. Although I found tables with identification letters and numbers, I could not associate with the model number. I am attaching a picture of the engine details plate (The blanked out number to the left is a 6). So from what I can understand, the bottom left ID (6E5) is the parts code, the centre "L" means long shaft and the right hand number (306273) is the serial number. What remains is the engine code - 115AET. The 115 surely stands for the engine power, but the AET, I cannot decipher. From another thread, I was able to identify that the E stands for Electric start and the T is for power trim and Tilt. Somebody also indicated that the A stands for the generation, but still not able to conclude on the year of manufacture. Can somebody please help? Thanks
    Attached Files

It is a model 115AET. Just like the data plate says. Primary ID is 6E5L 306273.

The month and year of manufacture is on a label on the other side of the motor.

http://www.boats.com/reviews/outboar...rt-model-year/

The model is decoded as follows. Just like you mention.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/infor...del-codes.aspx

Comment

6E5L 306273 was made in 1988.

Comment

Boscoe99, thanks for the replies, unfortunately there was no plate on the other side. As you can see from the plate with the serial number on it, I was barely lucky to have that as it was half eaten too. Anyway thanks for providing me with the YOM, might I ask how were you able to obtain that just in case I need it for the future? Thanks once again

Comment

It comes from Top Secret Yamaha data. If I shared it with you I would then have to kill you. You don't have the necessary clearances. People have reported you as being a "suspicious character".

The year of manufacture of your motor is not going to change in the future.

Are you in the USA? The USA equivalent is a 115ETLG. https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...r/1988/115etlg

Comment

he has access to serial number year info
            Yamaha keeps info on that stuff
            and some people have access to where it is

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              It comes from Top Secret Yamaha data. If I shared it with you I would then have to kill you. You don't have the necessary clearances. People have reported you as being a "suspicious character".

The year of manufacture of your motor is not going to change in the future.

Are you in the USA? The USA equivalent is a 115ETLG. https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...r/1988/115etlg
              Boscoe99, I thank you for providing me with the year but please, 1) I just asked a question about an outboard motor, you need not be so tough guy, 2) I know that my engine year will not change, just maybe I have another situation with another motor 3) I come from Malta where the available sources and help is pretty much nil, 4) if I was marked as a suspicious character then just go ahead and remove me, but I pity these people who have reported me as such. I just joined today and barely made one question.

Comment

He was just joking around,

Comment

Exactly. I was just joking. My dry humor does not go over so well.

The document I have shows nothing but engine serial numbers based on years of production. It is of value to only maybe one in 100,000. Maybe one in a million.

Just like you can call Yamaha for help you can ask here for help. Any time it is needed.

Comment

Boscoe99, I'm very sorry for taking it the wrong way. I apologise to you.

Comment

You are a good man. Apologies are hard to do.

And I apologize for offending you in the first place, even though that was not my intent.

Comment

I though it was only Americans who did not understand irony but seems to apply to people in Malta also.......

Comment

Reviving old thread, can anyone tell me what year my 100HP 4 stroke is? Serial number 67FL311206. Sticker is almost gone so I can't read the 1 letter code that shows year model. Thank you.

Comment

look on the other side of the bracket to see when it was manufactured

Comment

2001 model year motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X