1998 Yamaha 90 Water Pump install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Yamaha 90 Water Pump install

I have a 1998 C90TLRW that I am replacing the water pump, housing O-rings and gaskets. I am not sure which notch in the pump housing I need to line up with the metal tab on the impeller metal bushing... I am pretty sure it should go into the bigger notch of that plastic housing, because it seems to be the only way to sit flush and everything aligned... any help would be greatly appreciated.. or if someone has a link with good install instructions..

See if this is the service manual for your engine. May be of some help ion your install.

Sorry it did not get the specific manual but there is a link at the bottom of the page on Van south page for service manuals. you will then see the yamaha link upper right hand side and should be able to find your C90 1998 on that manual select page.
    Last edited by dray0151; 05-28-2018, 10:01 PM.
    Dennis
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Thanks for the info, and that is a great manual, but it still does not show the exact set up of the housings....

Comment

I could be wrong but it looks obvious that it can only fit one way because the chamber(s) is off centre.

Comment

yep it only fits one way.
          if the hole in the housing lines up with the hole in the cup you have hit the correct slot/tang alignment.

Comment

Working...
          X