Yamaha f115, code 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f115, code 13

I sometimes get code 13, pulser coils, on my Yama f115, 2007. If I restart it usually goes away. Is there anything I could do myself before turning it in to a Yamaha-service center? Greetings from Sweden :-)

do you have a voltmeter with peak voltage adapter? there is a spec for output values of the coils

Comment

On a problem that comes and goes I would first check all electrical connections. Inspect the wiring for chafes and nicks.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
        do you have a voltmeter with peak voltage adapter? there is a spec for output values of the coils
        Thank you! Yes I have a voltmeter. I might try this even though it is a bit complicated for a beginner. Where do I find the specs for output values? I saw video on YouTube about this.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          On a problem that comes and goes I would first check all electrical connections. Inspect the wiring for chafes and nicks.
          I agree,
          coils do not normally come and go.

OP the Yamaha service manual for your motor will have the specs, and procedures for testing.

if you did not notice, fairdeal mentioned the proper voltmeter and adapter

Comment

it is a simple coil with an iron core.
            a magnet rotates around it. it generates a simple A/C sine wave.
            does not require much it the way of special stuff to test it.
            if it comes and goes carefully check all connections.

Comment

Working...
            X