Rodbolt - F450 XTO Offshore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodbolt - F450 XTO Offshore

Have you viewed the maintenance videos yet? If you like the F350 you are going to love the F450.

how often does the flywheel need to be changed out?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      how often does the flywheel need to be changed out?
      Every 40 hours.

I am trying to find out how the cam shafts are driven. One chain between each of the intake and exhaust cam shafts but what drives them is unknown to me.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

I am trying to find out how the cam shafts are driven. One chain between each of the intake and exhaust cam shafts but what drives them is unknown to me.
        Probably a belt between the crank an another pulley (outside the enclosed oiled engine itself where the "chained" cams would be)
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

This new motor is similar in some ways to that 557 supercharged V8, I suppose?....

Comment

Every 40 hours.

Every 40 hours? Great! The Whole Turds should have a party with this.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Every 40 hours? Great! The Whole Turds should have a party with this.
              I have a bridge for sale, low miles... I take Pay Pal...
              Scott

Comment

friends and family on the bridge?

Comment

dunno. to many roumors for a motor that has not been released.
                  hopefully I will be long retired before we see many.
                  the V8 was a flop but I made a lot of coin on them.
                  right now the 350/300 V8 ECU tracks operating hours between 3250 and 4250. when the ecu sees a total of 80 hours in THIS range it throws a replace flywheel code. flywheels are free.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                    dunno. to many roumors for a motor that has not been released.
                    hopefully I will be long retired before we see many.
                    the V8 was a flop but I made a lot of coin on them.
                    right now the 350/300 V8 ECU tracks operating hours between 3250 and 4250. when the ecu sees a total of 80 hours in THIS range it throws a replace flywheel code. flywheels are free.
                    What goes wrong with the fly wheels? Cracking?

Jeez...
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      friends and family on the bridge?
                      Nope, just a bunch of cars depending on the time of the day..

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

What goes wrong with the fly wheels? Cracking?

Jeez...
                        Rubber portion un-bonds due to heat. The dampener then fails to do its job. The crank shaft cracks. Or breaks in two.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Nope, just a bunch of cars depending on the time of the day..
                          If you did not get it, I was shooting for the pay pal part of his comment
                          Last edited by 99yam40; 05-25-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Rubber portion un-bonds due to heat. The dampener then fails to do its job. The crank shaft cracks. Or breaks in two.
                            Jeez.... Maybe spend a little more time internally balancing the engine. The automotive market has some pretty stout balancers..

And correct 99Yam, I didn't get it...

Scott

Comment

next time your at your local auto mokanic shop. ask the mokanik about your issues that only occurs after 45 min at 5800 RPM.
                              my guess is your going to get a blank look.
                              other than burning gas outboards do not share much with the auto world.
                              but asking the rotor to charge the battery and power a modern 46ft boat and act as a torsional balancer is a bit much.

Comment

Working...
                              X