Identify This Sound From PT/T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify This Sound From PT/T

We should have a sub category for this forum called "Name That Sound". Whom ever answers correctly first gets....

No need to provide details, the sound I'm asking about is pretty obvious. Seems to only happen when PT/T is going up.

https://youtu.be/INVA3ITF_EU
    Last edited by Jason2tpa; 06-09-2018, 09:21 PM.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Clearly fluid or fluid with a little air bypassing pressure release valves or just running out of fluid at the limit of the stroke. A little of this sound, Sounds almost normal to me, but I would check fluid level when the tilt is fully up. If it needs fluid added then when full, up and down cycling will clear any air in the system. I'd also check the tilt release screw if it is tight.
    Last edited by zenoahphobic; 05-23-2018, 01:51 AM.

Comment

My F150TXRD Showa unit makes that type of racket after sitting for a week or so. About all you can do is check fluid level. My T/T has done this the entire time I have owned the boat. It has been flushed completely and does not leak. Knock on wood.

Comment

To be sure you have enough fluid because it is hard to see, I use a small long nose squeezable oil bottle that holds about 20 ml and insert the nozzle and squirt it all in.
        If nothing flows back out the filler hole, I repeat 20 ml squirt again and again until it comes back out and then quickly screw back the cap to avoid too much mess.
        Works well, sick of trying to look with torch and failing eyes. A vet syringe works just as well.
        Last edited by zenoahphobic; 06-09-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X