Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12/10 F60LTR flushing at marina today, flush tube came off block and filled cowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/10 F60LTR flushing at marina today, flush tube came off block and filled cowling

Hey guys,

I was flushing engine today and the rubber flush tube that facet hose connects too came off the block. Turned my back for a minute and the water was not coming out phole, but was leaking out cowling. Took off cowling and it was at least half full,.

Engine only clicked after that. I hope it will start in the morn, will spray down with dryer and lube and try to start.

Question though is where the heck does hose attach to block can’t find a thing on block or the good old internet. I thought maybe there was abinsert hole right above the entry point where hose comes into cowling but the tube goes up in the hole but doesn’t attach?

Any thoughts, I surely do appreciate any help

Thanks Rob

ecaf5fa116f0626be68f50e5c45cda1c.jpg No help at all with your engine's specifics. But if it were mine, I'd pop the hood and carefully disconnect every electrical connector and get some kind of dryer going, like a nearby space-heater, or a plain old hair dryer. Maybe a fan, whatever. Not too hot, but hot enough to be blowing DRY air.

Dry it out for a day or so, then come after that and spray electrical parts cleaner and some type of CRC type jizz or Astroglide or dielectric grease on all of the pins n sockets. Might not amount to much more than a few hours hassle at this point, but if you don't do it now, those mothers are sure to give you problems later. Electrons are picky.

Don't take my advice blindly as I am sure there's a better way. I'd ask Mr. Google among others but I'd sure as hell get after it now, or pay her to do it.
    Last edited by oldmako69; 05-19-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Your model doesn't show but a similar model:

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...ttom-cowling-2

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-20-2018, 07:42 AM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Went over this morning and literally sprayed some T-9 all over. Then the starter kicked over and ran good. After it was running I could see the water running back out the tube. Fricking thing was under the aft end under the plastic intake and fuel rail right by the exit for the phole.

Could not not get my mit in there to hook back up. Thought I was going to have to take the intake off to get it on. Found a wondering kid to stick his hand in there and get it back on.

it seems good thanks all.

Rob

Comment

no it is NOT all good and WILL do it again.
            blown more little F motors than I care to see.
            there is a tech bulliten out on the F50,same design as the F/T 50 and 60.
            ALL hoses are to be tie strapped.
            blow that line when up and running and it fills the cowl faster than it can drain allowing a hydrolock on #4 cyl that results it a snapped rod and a broken block.
            trust me on this.
            nuts to lose a motor over a small tie strap.

Comment

Thanks RB for the info. I will see what I can get on there to tie it on. I don’t see how but maybe a wire tie to tighten it up.

kind of hard to do when in the water. I guess I will need to trailer it up and do something.

I want a bigger OB but that’s not the way to ge lt it.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                no it is NOT all good and WILL do it again.
                blown more little F motors than I care to see.
                there is a tech bulliten out on the F50,same design as the F/T 50 and 60.
                ALL hoses are to be tie strapped.
                blow that line when up and running and it fills the cowl faster than it can drain allowing a hydrolock on #4 cyl that results it a snapped rod and a broken block.
                trust me on this.
                nuts to lose a motor over a small tie strap.
                What is the tech bulletin number Rod?

Comment

Originally posted by Rverbanik View Post
                  Thanks RB for the info. I will see what I can get on there to tie it on. I don’t see how but maybe a wire tie to tighten it up.

kind of hard to do when in the water. I guess I will need to trailer it up and do something.

I want a bigger OB but that’s not the way to ge lt it.
                  If you can get the kid to put the tube on you can get a zip tie on it too. Put the tie on the tube loosely and get the kid to slide tube back on nipple. Use some of those extra long needle nose pliers and a long screwdriver to tighten the zip tie. Pull it with the pliers and pin it down with the screwdriver. Does that make sense? I do it all the time but a little hard to convey... I would put the tube on with the pliers too. gently....

Comment

I guess it would be a good time to check all the hoses and make sure they themselves don't look like they can break, and have good ties on them.

Could that hose popping off be a symptom of water passages clogging up?

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

What is the tech bulletin number Rod?
                      Not Rod but it is O2011-009.

Comment

Thanks "Not Rod"

Can I assume that the bulletin says check for tywrap on flush hose...if not there....put one there?

I ask cause I have a 2011 F60 to look after...

Comment

Assuming I have remembered your email address correctly, one has just been sent to you.

Comment

it calls for an inspection and install ties as needed. the fuel cooler can clog and cause a hose to pop off. to access the cooler requires intake removal.

Comment

Thanks fellows...ties will be installed on all hoses without one.

Comment

Working...
                              X