Fuel feed assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel feed assembly

Have a 2001 sx250 and am having some surging of about 200 rpm loss about every 3-4 seconds above 2000 rpm. I have changed all filters and not having any voltage loss to H.P. fuel pump While looking at fuel lines I saw what is listed as a fuel feed assembly. What is the purpose of this part? Also all LP pumps have been replaced

I have no idea about the feed assembly you are asking about, but have you monitored fuel pressures to see if they are changing when this happens?

Comment

Have pressure tester ordered. The part I’m asking about is #8. It’s between water separator and bottom LP pump.

Comment

#8 in what diagram or link? There is nothing in your post?

This is my thread about a very similar issue - lot's of people responded with ideas - it might be worth your time to read through it (FYI, still haven't found the culprit - but maybe you will). http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...ing-at-3700rpm
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

originally there was a check valve between the filter cup and the bottom lift pump.
          gut it or eliminate it.

Comment

That’s what it looks like to me. Don’t really see why it was called fuel feed assembly. It’s listed in parts diagram under fuel from this sponsors parts department. Thanks Rodbolt

Comment

Thanks DennisG01. Got some very useful info from your previous post.

Comment

cause it was translated,sometimes poorly, from Japanese to English.
                most folks seem to not read English much less a poor translation.

Comment

A rose by any other name is still a rose. Names change.

Part numbers don't. A -00-00 is a -00-00 is a -00-00 in any language.

Comment

Originally posted by oldcobia View Post
                    Thanks DennisG01. Got some very useful info from your previous post.
                    Good luck - please post back if you find the culprit!
                    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
                    X