F225TXRC Water Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225TXRC Water Tube

I have been busy cleaning up a mess on my Yamaha lately. Last trip out with the Grady before I trailered the boat up here to North Carolina was a lot of fun, but I did hit a few shallow spots before getting backs to my dock. I ran the hose for a good thirty minutes and everything seemed to be clear, but after getting the boat and motor here and letting it sit in the storage yard for 5 months before I could put it in my new back yard, it must have had some sand left over because it would sound the alarm when I started it up. The telltale would not pee so I cleared the hose for it and hooked a garden hose up to the water tube and flushed until I got a good stream from the telltale. I also flushed the T stats, When I attempted to pull the hose off of the tube, about 4 inches of the corroded tube came off with it.

Now please some one tell me I don't have to have the power head pulled to replace It. The old tube appears to be brass and I've read that the newer tubes are now stainless.

Thanks

You do not have to have the power head pulled to replace the water pump tube.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe99. I've got the service manual, but maybe you could give me a kick start on the side. I can just about do anything here but remove the head and that's a big relief.

Comment

I am interested also.
        when I did the midsection, I'm sure that I assembled the water tube along with the muffler and "plate".
        Don't have a clear recollection,
        so I may just be imagining that the top had a rolled ferrule,
        that had to be passed through the muffler "from above"

Comment

"Now please some one tell me I don't have to have the power head pulled to replace It."

I am just stating what you said you wanted to be stated. It made you feel good for a while didn't it?

Comment

It did, but I knew it wouldn't be my luck to have it easy. I don't have the facilities to unhook the head and lift it off, so I guess I'll have to trailer it over to the neighborhood marina and have them sting me.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              "Now please some one tell me I don't have to have the power head pulled to replace It."

I am just stating what you said you wanted to be stated. It made you feel good for a while didn't it?
              I KNEW that was coming.... Shame, shame Boscoe…

Might get that exhaust looked at while there, I think that's the one with corrosion issues.. Now'd be the time to do it..
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

what part of NC?

Comment

Wilmington. It's not quite like I had it in Cape Coral, Florida, where I had a deep water canal and a lift right behind my house, but I hope to make the best of it. There is a Launching area 6 miles away from here with 6 ramps. At least the wife is happy with it and it's a lot easier to work on the Grady while on the trailer in the back yard than it was on a lift where I had to do a balancing act on a floating dock and hope I didn't lose any tools to the briny deep. And here, I can maneuver a rented lift behind the boat and lift the power head to replace a $40 part. That will be a PIA. #@!@%$@$$

Comment

close enough to get it to Rodbolt I think

Comment

If you have an open rafter in the garage, you could re-enforce it and back up the boat with a come-a-long.

I've pulled small block Chevy engines with transmissions that way.

Re dropping tools (couldn't pull my power head on the lift either), but with this set up, I can even pull the LU while on the lift..
                      I did have davits(and could pull that powerhead on land), but they (and the sea wall) "went away" with hurricane Irma

Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        If you have an open rafter in the garage, you could re-enforce it and back up the boat with a come-a-long.

I've pulled small block Chevy engines with transmissions that way.

Re dropping tools (couldn't pull my power head on the lift either), but with this set up, I can even pull the LU while on the lift..
                        I did have davits(and could pull that powerhead on land), but they (and the sea wall) "went away" with hurricane Irma

I remember the pictures you posted after Irma. I live in a HOA community and even though I have a large back yard behind a 6 foot fence, I have to be careful as to what I do back there or be fined. Sorry state of affairs I know, but I found a rental that has a portable winch that should do the job. While preparing the back yard for the Grady, I had a concrete pad poured and she sits nicely on it so working around on it isn't a big chore. And I will definitely look at the mid section. The guy that sold me the Yamaha lied more than a politician and even though he said the mid section was done in the fall of 2016, I now seriously doubt it. The exhaust is pretty much coated with carbon right now and I can't see much, but I intend to clean it up some before I start on this unscheduled project. I t6hink if the mid section had been done as I was told, they would have replaced the water tube as well. I think it is part of the replacements Yamaha sells if I am not mistaken. I just need to find out where I can get the replacements in the event I need to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          close enough to get it to Rodbolt I think
                          4 hours in a car versus towing. Shtty roads. There are plenty of shops around Wilm. Maybe Rod can recommend one?

Comment

I was out today prepping for removing the power head and cleaned out the exhaust of most of the carbon and got a good flashlight and looked up. There is noticeable pitting at the lower end up to around 3 inches. That's about all I could see. The picture is not very good. I was holding the flashlight in my mouth and trying to take the picture. I'll get a better idea once the head is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post
                              I was out today prepping for removing the power head and cleaned out the exhaust of most of the carbon and got a good flashlight and looked up. There is noticeable pitting at the lower end up to around 3 inches. That's about all I could see. The picture is not very good. I was holding the flashlight in my mouth and trying to take the picture. I'll get a better idea once the head is removed.
                              Buy one of those super duper headlamps. Amazing what you can do in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X