f225 txrd high idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f225 txrd high idle

My engine is starting to idle at or around 900 -1000 out of gear. If i shut it off and start it again once or twice it might go back to 700. Smells rich and I'm lost. Any suggestions?

that you are ECU telling you it is unhappy with one of its inputs.

(Did you happen to have removed / replaced the intake silencer assembly recently?)

Comment

Yes, about a month ago and I just did put a starboard side thermostat in.

Comment

well, forgetting to replace this wiring connector will cause it -
        but so can disrupting other sensor wiring

Comment

Thanks fairdeal. It's connected.

Comment

were all the throttle link updates done? typically if the ECU is not happy it fixs base timing at about 10* BTDC. it may be time for a session with YDS. DO NOT shift gears at that speed.

Comment

Rod bolt, I'm not sure. I just purchased it a few months ago. I'll have to call up and have them run it. I know that a Yamaha tech on Kent Island in Maryland took care of yet. But yes I need the yds. I have a mac book so I'll have to find a normal laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                were all the throttle link updates done?
                ah right

2002~2005 F225, LF225, F200, and LF200
                FACTORY MODIFICATION CAMPAIGN - THROTTLE LINK RODS
                Yamaha Technical Bulletin O2004-010

Given that the problem seems to be described as intermittent,

I suppose that "mechanical" issue is more likely that a "bad" or disconnected sensor

Keith, you can call Yamaha Cust Service in Georgia - 866-894-1626

and they will look up to see if the recall was done on your engine

Comment

Thanks again Fairdeal. Yamaha told me today that the recall was not for my f225txr. I started laughing and thought of Rodbolt. Not all 2005's are 2005's

Comment

well at least a timing light should show if it is hitting the 10 BTDC

Comment

I hooked up the YDS the other night and had a shift position and oil pressure sensor. I cleared them and then the shift position came back. The iac was 67%

Comment

go over to the screen labeled diagnosis.
                        if a signal is bad or irregular and active it will be at the top and high lighted. stored codes will tell the engine hour it got stored.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                          go over to the screen labeled diagnosis.
                          if a signal is bad or irregular and active it will be at the top and high lighted. stored codes will tell the engine hour it got stored.
                          It's showing irregular and had a stored code for the shift position. The throttle linkage has the bumps on the top. I don't get why it's idling crazy. Start up the engine cold and it idles at 600-700. Shut it off while at 150 and start it again. It can idle at 1100, 900, 800,or 700. At 600 and 700 the timing is around 2 degrees and at 900 and 1100 it's about 9 degrees. Thats whats showing on the yds. The engine will reach 6000 at 50mph.

Comment

cause anytime the ECU aint happy it is trying to tell you. listen to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X