Boscoe Evinrude question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boscoe Evinrude question

Involved in a conversation this week with a good local shop. Centered around Etecs/G2s etc. I was told the injectors are “mapped” to the ECU. (Whatever they call it) In other words, you can’t simply swap injectors on these motors. Adjustments/tweaking must be performed...

I have heard that also.
    have to have a shop set them up, and the injectors are expensive from I remember them saying

Comment

That is my understanding. It is amazing to me.

I suppose some value for each injector is given to the ECU so that the ECU knows how long to hold each injector open. Accounting for production tolerances for each injector I guess.

Think about the miniscule amount of gasoline that gets injected each time before the spark plug ignites. Now think of tweaking that miniscule amount by an even greater miniscule amount of gasoline. I suppose to get all cylinders to run at the exact (or damn near it) same amount of air to fuel ratio. But if that is the intent why not have an exhaust gas temperature probe for each cylinder?

Here is a BRP video you may enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJc...C1s8cT&index=1

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        That is my understanding. It is amazing to me.

I suppose some value for each injector is given to the ECU so that the ECU knows how long to hold each injector open. Accounting for production tolerances for each injector I guess.

Think about the miniscule amount of gasoline that gets injected each time before the spark plug ignites. Now think of tweaking that miniscule amount by an even greater miniscule amount of gasoline. I suppose to get all cylinders to run at the exact (or damn near it) same amount of air to fuel ratio. But if that is the intent why not have an exhaust gas temperature probe for each cylinder?

Here is a BRP video you may enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJc...C1s8cT&index=1
        Interesting for sure. I would think all these motors at some point will need to connect to a network. To get the proper updates. The upside will be theft deterrence. Motor needs to network once a month to continue to run.....

dont get me started on gps.....

I need to get started indexing me
        plugs....

Comment

I always index them right where they end up without me having to mark them

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            I always index them right where they end up without me having to mark them
            I always index my pork ribs to make sure each rack gets the same amount of heat.

Comment

Yep, nothing new, it's been the case since the FICHT days, the coefficients are stored and entered in the new ECU if replacement is required.

Comment

Working...
              X