Need help on Multi-function Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on Multi-function Tach

I bought a 2000 pontoon with an F115 four stroke that has been sitting for 2+ years, meter says 188 hours. Changed out engine oil and lower oil, new water pump impeller, on board and external fuel filters/separators, new plugs, and of course drained the fuel and flushed with new fuel. It lit right off and doesn't bog when I blip the throttle with the prop spinning in the water.

BUT I don't know what I am looking at with the multi-function gauge! Key-on, but not started, it has three of those bars across. When running, the middle one blinks. Everything that I can find online describes this model of gauge with Mode and Set buttons. This one does not have them.

I have also been told that what I'm looking at is an oil reservoir gauge setup for a 2 stroke. I did hear a brief alarm that I assumed was a low oil pressure alarm on the first start after changing oil and filter.

Does anyone know about these things?

Marc
    Cedar Creek Lake, TX
    Last edited by Marc Kurth; 05-01-2018, 08:37 AM.

certainly Boscoe and Rodbolt know all about them and will no doubt tell you shortly

I'm guessing its an antique - the question is,

does it have a dipswitch under a rubber cover on the back - that can be set to 4 stroke

Comment

That is simply an early version of the 6Y5-8350T tachometer. Prior to buttons being implemented. It simply needs to be changed to the four stroke setting as shown in the illustration fairdeal posted. While there, make sure that the other settings are correct.

Comment

Wow - great information! I sincerely appreciate the help

Marc

Comment

Working...
        X