Best New 4-stroke engine (150 hp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a little help Rodbolt?

Did we ever determine this motor is indeed in limp mode? Alarms? I get dizzy when I try to go back through this. Fuel or electrical is my guess. It’s a 2 stroke carbed motor for God’s sake.

Comment

Corrosion in any connector will cause all kinds of issues.. Dirty grounds will also cause issues.

Simply pulling apart connectors, inspecting (cleaning if necessary) won't hurt. Also pay attention to ANY wire that is NOT fully pushed into the harness(IE: intermediate / bad / no connection)..

Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

when are you going to get it into your head that that sensor is not the same as the temp switches and it will not do the same thing as them when shorted??

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          when are you going to get it into your head that that sensor is not the same as the temp switches and it will not do the same thing as them when shorted??
          And that raises the question would any harm have come by shorting that sensor?

Comment

Stop the madness!

Comment

I did, I did!! I ordered the F150 4-stroke. But its a shame to thrash a reputable engine with only 609 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Psalm 99 View Post
                I did, I did!! I ordered the F150 4-stroke. But its a shame to thrash a reputable engine with only 609 hrs.
                You will love it! Please post back after the break in, etc.

please consider shipping the old motor freight collect to:

Att: Boscoe
                Kennesaw Ga

UPS guy knows where he lives....

Last edited by pstephens46; 04-30-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Congrates!

If it was closer, I'd snag it up!!

You'll be real happy with the engine. Make sure on their test run, they get close to 6k RPM's @WOT (momentarily).
                  An over propped engine WILL be a dog...
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                  X