Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you gun owners

How do they work?

When the trigger is pulled does suction pull the bullet out of the barrel of the gun at a very high rate?

No. Bullet is trying to find lowest point on earth therefore it is gravity that pulls the bullet out.

Comment

The pressure created by the explosion of the gun powder forces the bullet out of the barrel......

Comment

No explosion. That's black powder. Con*****ed (but fast) burn builds the pressure.

Comment

Wonder how fast a "fast burn" has to be to become an explosion?...

Comment

The rotational force of the the earth plays a part as well.

Comment

The moon and the stars must be figured in here also!

Comment

We know Boscoe doesn't like how the term vacuum is misused, but I am curious what he believes suck or sucking is.

We suck when we use a straw, a straw is a long tube just like a gun barrel is.

I am accepting of the description that a bullet can be regarded as being sucked out of the barrel. This is because sucking is a reduction of pressure, the action can occur with or without higher pressure having to be created.

That unfortunate women was sucked out of the aeroplane window yesterday. One would not say she was pushed (by the cabin air pressure) although that is what actually happened.

With a bullet it is higher pressure behind it trying to equalise with the lower pressure in front of it that forces it out of the barrel.

I would consider an explosion would be where substantial force broke whatever substantial containment structure. A bullet would not be regarded as substantially contained, it is merely crimped to the shell so it is acceptable that the firing not be regarded as an explosion although it may be considered rapid.

Comment

This sums it up for me...

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
                    We know Boscoe doesn't like how the term vacuum is misused, but I am curious what he believes suck or sucking is.

I am accepting of the description that a bullet can be regarded as being sucked out of the barrel. This is because sucking is a reduction of pressure, the action can occur with or without higher pressure having to be created.

That unfortunate women was sucked out of the aeroplane window yesterday. One would not say she was pushed (by the cabin air pressure) although that is what actually happened.

With a bullet it is higher pressure behind it trying to equalise with the lower pressure in front of it that forces it out of the barrel.

I would consider an explosion would be where substantial force broke whatever substantial containment structure. A bullet would not be regarded as substantially contained, it is merely crimped to the shell so it is acceptable that the firing not be regarded as an explosion although it may be considered rapid.
                    The explosion could be considered in regard to the following.....the crimp on a brass case isn’t very strong so to speak. It releases and the bullet moves forward a fraction and then encounters the rifling which provides great resistance. As the bullet is engraved, max pressure is achieved. 50000 to 60000 psi or better in a modern rifle. Older firearms or shotguns with lead projectiles relied on sizing of projectile to create resistance.

Comment

Actually what really happens is:

We live in a dual universe. This second universe only interact with ours when something violent happens.
                      When we shoot a gun. the explosion of the gun powder triggers a response from this second universe, which then captures the bullet and flings it wildly from the end of the barrel.

At least that's the way my shooting explains it.

John
                      2002 KW 1720

Comment

Maybe the bullets are sucked out by the black holes?....

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post

Zeno- please tell us about this horse business you were involved with. You mentioned training horses to load on trailers.

Comment

I asked him before about that...he remained tight lipped.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                              I asked him before about that...he remained tight lipped.
                              I remember. I hope he will respond. Apparently I am now in the horse world myself. Dammit.

Comment

Working...
                              X