No announcement yet.

F 150 power tilt leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if they are understanding the tube trick , because sounds like your saying to put the weight of the motor on it not actually running the trim down to apply weight to it . I uses a adjustable spanner on them that can take a 1/2 breaker par only broken 3 pins on it in the 8 yrs . but its still $100 Spanner wrench , and if you aint got a tube you got alot of broken pins

Comment

Tilt Piston Cap Problem

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      the tube is used to hold the TOOL in place while you break it loose.
      without odds are high your simply going to snap the tool pins and trash the cap holes.

not the first cap a customer has brought me to remove that I either had to cut the cap out or redrill another set of spanner holes.

factory spec on that cap is about 80ftlbs.

if you cant keep the tool dead FLAT on the cap it is a certain slip,pin breakage and cap damage.

just how life is.

I order spare pins 24 at a time,keep 12 in the shop and 12 with the secretary.
      when I get her 12 I reorder.
      RodBolt,

I have a 2004 F225TxRD and have the whole tilt assembly off my boat; I the motor gave out (magnets and all) so I got the tilt motor fixed and decided to go ahead and replace orings, oil caps, etc once I found water had penetrated the seals. Well...now I have a Tilt Piston Cap that will not come out; I took it to a Yamaha Shop and they broke their piston tool trying to get it off.

Any ideas of how to safely remove, i.e. cut or drill holes, in the screw cap to get it off with out damaging the piston cylinder or rod????? I already purchased new caps and O-rings and can't get the damn thing off.

Snapper season starts in a couple weeks in the Gulf of Mexico and I really want to get out.

Please any insight would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Regards,
      Warren
      2004 22 Wellcraft Sportsman Cuddy
      Single F225 TXRD

Comment

reinstall the unit,use a split tube as described to firmly hold the tool in place,break the cap or caps loose.

Comment

Working...
        X