2013 Yamaha F225 4.2LT ( OIL LEAK )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
    if you suspect an oil leak at the drive shaft why not simply look?
    it is visible.
    over the years I have seen a few upper crank seals leak.
    I have seen a few crankcase mating halves leak,
    that motor also uses a water cooled intake that can freeze and crack.
    was it down well with simple green or similar,block off the crankcase breather,throttle it up to about 2000 RPM and look for leaks.
    here NAPA sells a kit that is added to the oil and you hunt with a black light. works very well.
    Water cooled intake. Is that the same as a water cooled throttle body?

Comment

I would tend to think a water cooled intake cracking would tend to get water inside the crankcase, and he said that oil was good

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        I would tend to think a water cooled intake cracking would tend to get water inside the crankcase, and he said that oil was good
        I still think that milky oil looks “spun” or blended.

Comment

It would have to be mixed other wise water will wash it off instead of mixing and looking milky.

Comment

just saying that water being in the intake should end up in the crank case and he said that oil is clean and not milky

Comment

Still havnt worked it out, sent the engine of to my mechanic, he removed the powerhead and replaced the gasket between powerhead and oil sump area, he also checked the oil pump at the same time and no leaks, i ran the engine again after this the other day but still have the same problem 🤔

Comment

Working...
              X