NMEA 2000 Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMEA 2000 Interface

Hello Yamaha Owners, Please note, I am new to the Forum and still finding my way around
    As for my Question, I have a Yamaha 2015 F175XA and would like to get engine Data on a new GPS that I just installed
    The GPS is a Garmin GPSMAP 1242xvs and requires Engine data thru the NMEA 2000 port
    My boat has Round Command Link Gauges and Believe it is rigged like The Yamaha Rigging Guide Page 2-11 "No Hub"
    I have found where some operators have ran a harness from the Outboard to the NMEA 2000
    But would like not to wire it this way. I did fine a Yamaha Command Link Gateway PN. 6Y9-8A2D0-40-00
    And was wondering if i could wire this under the console?

yes, under the console
    sounds like what you have now is an in-line hub
    the easiest thing may be to change that to a multiport hub
    and then you can actually plug the Garmin directly in to the Yamaha hub
    (with a Yamaha connector-to-NMEA 2000 adapter cable-
    I don't think you need - nor is there an advantage - for a Yamaha Gateway)

Comment

the multiport hub:

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...920-01-00.html

the cable to connect from hub to back of Garmin

https://www.navstore.com/offshore-sy...le-3861-f.html

Comment

Amazed the hub is less than $45.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            it actually is not a bad deal, since it is the functional equivalent of 4 NMEA 2000 "Tee"s
            (one dedicated to power supply)
            and I believe it comes with one terminator

Comment

Yamaha is now aware of your amazement and is taking prompt action to increase the price to the usual point of ridiculousness.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Yamaha is now aware of your amazement and is taking prompt action to increase the price to the usual point of ridiculousness.
                If it doesn’t pick up around here, 99Yam and I will start another grilling/smoking thread.

Comment

If it doesn’t pick up around here, 99Yam and I will start another grilling/smoking thread.
                  working on the annual church BBQ the last 2 days
                  everything is prepped now, so I will light off the pits in the morning around 5am cooking a little over 400lbs of brisket, then Sat do chickens and sausage/

Took us way too long today getting bird nests out of the smoke stacks of one of the pits.
                  usual using a fish tape run up to pull a rope thru with a rag will do it, but today the rope and rag got stuck.

ended up having to burn the rag & nests out with a torch/
                  we borrow these pits from other people and some how they cook with these nests in the stacks
                  I plan on finding some hard ware cloth( large mesh screen) to put in the top of these stacks when we are done this time

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

everything is prepped now, so I will light off the pits in the morning around 5am cooking a little over 400lbs of brisket, then Sat do chickens and sausage/

Took us way too long today getting bird nests out of the smoke stacks of one of the pits.
                    usual using a fish tape run up to pull a rope thru with a rag will do it, but today the rope and rag got stuck.

we borrow these pits from other people and some how they cook with these nests in the stacks
                    I plan on finding some hard ware cloth( large mesh screen) to put in the top of these stacks when we are done this time
                    Not a Damn thing is easy...not one.

Comment

That Great news, thanks for your help. Will update the forum when I get it set up
                      Keith

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Church make the money they were expecting? Do they sell whole cooked briskets? If so, how much? I helped one year on the annual BBQ here at the local Methodist Church. Way too labor intensive. So much so that it was discontinued. They would slow cook hams. Whole hams.... Took all night and then some. If it was cold or windy, even longer. They could have rented a large gas fired smoker and really sped up the process. My idea anyway. End result would have been the same. Less than half the time. Probably a third of the time.

Comment

I have not heard the final numbers of plates and money yet.
                          Sausage was all gone along with the chicken I think.
                          saved a couple of the briskets for a conformation dinner coming up and sold halves , whole , and smaller amounts all by the lb.
                          had beans and potato salad left over, but I am not sure how much as I was out side cooking /cleaning up and not serving and cleaning up in there.

brisket was $12, sausage $10, and chicken 1/2s were $7.
                          Some people donated even more of their change.

just got home from cleaning the pits we borrowed and returned them to where we picked them up at.

been a long 4 days

We got all of the briskets(35 I think) on 3 pits and cooked them Friday along with 25 lbs of sausage and some chicken 1/2s just because some people drop by to see if we have anything done yet.
                          we cooked the rest of chicken and sausage Sat for the $12 plate sales 11 to 3

What kind of wood did you all use to fire the pits?
                          we used Live Oak that has been seasoned for many many years.
                          you can tell how cracked it is
                          Last edited by 99yam40; 04-15-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X