No announcement yet.

Wooden boat Frames..no Yamaha content.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden boat Frames..no Yamaha content.!

Milling live oak in southern state's. Check out this guy's Bandsaw mill. Clever man.

I thought I had a heavy accent...lol

https://youtu.be/pH37Dep0cvU

I have seen way too much live oak around here bulldozed and burned.

All I use for BBQ is live oak
    a little north post oak(black jack oak) is the big BBQ wood of choice

Comment

According to the old character in the video there is quite an abundance of live oak around now as there are very few wooden boats being built these days.

Comment

Sounds like a great timber, and such magnificent trees when mature. I worry about man removing old trees, they will never be replaced and be seen again.

Got to admire "old" tradesmen such as him, so interested in his work and knowledgeable. How would the digital age be able to replace him when he is gone?

Comment

He was a enjoyable character to watch and listen to..I could sit all day and listen to old folks like him!

Comment

I watched more of the young guys u tube s and I cannot tell how he is paying for rebuilding that wooden ship.

does he have a regular job or is he depending on people giving him money and other stuff and volunteering to help even with labor.

that is going to cost a bunch of money to rebuild

We had to take out a Live oak ,pecans, and some pine trees to build the new fellowshipe hall at my church some years ago.
            one young member and his buddies bought a chainsaw mill and cut up the big trunks into lumber, and stacked to dry.

I am not sure this area is good for drying lumber with the humidity here on the coast. but the gulf is about 10 miles away.

maybe slow drying is good
            Last edited by 99yam40; 04-10-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I been watching his series on rebuilding that boat and he is a dog for work...huge project. He is a sailor for hire and a boat builder, so he works at one or another for a while, saves his pennies and goes back to working on his boat.

People can support him through YouTube by giving donations...but I doubt that adds up to much.

I think he may have come from money....but that is only a guess. It is going to cost a pile of money to complete.

Hope he sees it through and puts another beautiful old boat back in the water.

Comment

Working...
              X