Panasonic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic question

This question is NOT intended to cause debate!

On another forum, it was stated that 80 plus percent of Canadians are happy with the healthcare system. Based on some sort of polling. What are your thoughts? Would you expect different answers from different age groups?
    Last edited by pstephens46; 04-07-2018, 02:35 PM.

I would say yes that is probably true.

I would say that the older population would not agree so much as they use it more.

The wait times for spe******t can be long for certain things for sure, but if you have lots of money you can go to private clinics.

Everyone pays for it and everyone is treated the same... poor or rich.

Of course it has its problems, it is terribly inefficient as all government programs are.

Comment

100% of US citizens are unhappy with the US healthcare system I would guess. Doctors, patients, insurers, damn near everyone that is in the health care business. Except maybe the drug companies.

I did not burden the US healthcare system in any way during 2017. Did not want or utilize any health care services. For my reward I got to send the feds over $1500 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
        I would say yes that is probably true.

I would say that the older population would not agree so much as they use it more.

The wait times for spe******t can be long for certain things for sure, but if you have lots of money you can go to private clinics.

Everyone pays for it and everyone is treated the same... poor or rich.

Of course it has its problems, it is terribly inefficient as all government programs are.
        Thanks Panasonic!

Thanks also to Roscoe for doing his part in supporting our government.

Comment

Isloma Obamma

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
            Isloma Obamma
            It was a republican on the supreme court that said Obama could force us to buy stuff against our will or be penalized if we did not.

The supreme court, the constitution and our elected officials are all one big joke.

Comment

Big time JOKE

Comment

The canadians I talked to in February when I was in Mexico wanted Trump for there prime minister I guess that is president.

Comment

Bosoce between you and me we supported those goof offs well. I had to send in another $2000.
                  Dennis
                  Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

I see I need to pay in an extra $2200 in Taxes for 2017 and I had medical insurance all year long
                    and paid out of my pocket for a MRi because insurance refused to pay
                    Last edited by 99yam40; 04-08-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I have been under the impression for decades that your (USA) health system was extremely poor compared to ours (Australia). The term used here was that American's, when found requiring medical help, that their wallet is checked before their pulse!

Things are nowhere here as bad, we have a "free" health system, and if you have taken out cheap ambulance cover, then that trip is free also.

Having said that waiting lists are becoming ridiculously long and private health cover becoming too expensive and the "gap" between what it covers and what you have to contribute is becoming larger. The figures quoted in previous posts do seem less than what we are up for though.

Comment

thing that sets most places apart is what % is paid in in taxes to cover it all
                        last year I got over $4K back at the end of year, ( creative tax management),but have to pay 2.2K in extra this year.

No telling what will happen with the new stuff tho.
                        we will have to see

Comment

as a retired veteran of the USN my health care isn't that expensive. over the years with young children and such I did better than breakeven on health costs. even though at the time the pay was lousey and the seperations sometimes long.

my daughter simply cannot afford obummer care period.

Comment

Working...
                          X