Dry run water pump damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
    as it is he had to buy another motor. he did not have the 1500 bucks or so for me to cut and remove the shaft.
    like I say, it is your machine, you own it.
    Hard to believe he could not come up wit $1500 but could buy a new motor.
    but then I guess he just buys the new one on time.

I really wonder how long it takes for the commercial guys to depreciate a new motor on there taxes, and makes it better to buy a new one instead of doing a repair

Comment

3300 hours aint many. my cousins Volvo 5.7/SX drive had 15,812 hrs on it last spring.
      my buddy had a 2 stroke 150 Yamaha that finally smoked a wristpin bearing at just over 5200 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        3300 hours aint many. my cousins Volvo 5.7/SX drive had 15,812 hrs on it last spring.
        my buddy had a 2 stroke 150 Yamaha that finally smoked a wristpin bearing at just over 5200 hrs.
        So the F250 is probably worth something to someone. Even with 3300 hours I would think someone would be willing to pay to have it repaired.

Comment

And I was worried about my opti having a little over 500 hrs on her.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
            Fairdeal is going to have to work harder to wear out the F225. Otherwise, he may never get the chance to get that G2.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
              I am sure the shop got the motor for what labor they had in it for jacking with it or they gave a little bit to him for a trade in when he bought a new one.
              they could sell parts or fix and sell the whole motor

I got a 65 TBird back in the early 70s for what labor I was paid to open the motor up to see what was wrong with it after the owners never paid the bill or picked up the car since the motor was toast.
              dropped another motor and trans in it and away I went
              Last edited by 99yam40; 04-15-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X