Install Simrad to Yamaha F115XB - No command link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Simrad to Yamaha F115XB - No command link

Hi All, Looking for some help and clarification. We just purchased a new boat with the yamaha 115 outboard and are installing the SIMRAD Go 9 to the boat. We were told the unit does NOT have command link and is analog but want to see the gauges on the simrad system for all the systems. We were told previously all we need was the NEMA 2000 starter kit along with the yamaha interface cable... now we are told we now need additional sensors equaling an additional $1200 but when calling yamaha get different answers. Any help on what exactly we need would be appreciated as every person we speak to gives a different answer and adds more $$$ to the system

Originally posted by mrobertskw View Post
    We were told the unit does NOT have command link and is analog .... all we need was the NEMA 2000 starter kit along with the yamaha interface cable...
    sounds right.
    If the boat is rigged with analog gauges,
    then the "Command Link"(NMEA 2000) plug under the cowling is available,
    and can be connected to a NMEA 2000 backbone

That gives you rpm, fuel burn rate, engine temp, voltage, MAP, alarm notifications
    The ECU has that data already, regardless of what gauges are/are not connected

"additional sensors" ? you don't have to, but
    you could add a sensor to display Cooling Water Pressure
    you could add a sensor to get "Speed through the water"

Comment

For a basic installation all you need is what you described. An NMEA 2000 starter kit and a Lowrance (or similar) 0120-37 interface cable. You will get most all engine data.

A speed sensor and a water pressure sensor are optional components. If you want speed through the water (most don't and will use GPS speed) or water pressure to be displayed on the MFD you will need the optional sensor.

Comment

You beat me to the punch.

Comment

Imagine how poor rodnut the master mokanik feels when he calls Yamaha and gets conflicting advice. Must drive him crazy.

Comment

I rarely call and the only certain tech's at kennasaw. nice thing is I can access folks the consumer cannot.

Comment

ok so i'm not nuts - seems like someone is trying to get over on us telling us we need an additional $1200 in parts plus labor... so all i need is the yamaha interface cable and backbone NMEA starter kit and we WILL be able to see out gauges on the SIMRAD?

Comment

Originally posted by mrobertskw View Post
                ok so i'm not nuts - seems like someone is trying to get over on us telling us we need an additional $1200 in parts plus labor... so all i need is the yamaha interface cable and backbone NMEA starter kit and we WILL be able to see out gauges on the SIMRAD?
                Yes.

Keep in mind that you are doing it the short way. Yamaha has standards they feel need to be met. Thus the higher costs if you follow their recommendations. But many chose to not follow Yamaha's recommendations and have no problems.

Don't over think it. It is like motor oil. Yamaha recommends Yamalube. Does not mean that you have to use Yamalube. You can use WallyWorld oil.

Comment

Working...
                X