No announcement yet.

F300 Port Bank not firing at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and you will find, as I have stated before. there is nothing that controls ign or fuel bank to bank like the old OX66 or 3.1L carbed motors.
    why not simply use the correct test equipment and test it?

Comment

I don't see the intake valves being fully advanced or retarded due to a failed VCT mechanism as resulting in the cylinders on that side failing to fire. If that is what has been suggested.

Comment

sorry I must have misunderstood original post that said found left bank coils firing and injectors misting.

Comment

Hi,
          sorry didn't manage to make it to the boat today. I'm on a small island with very limited tools, if needed I can probably find or order a scope,

Boscoe, with the engine running in gear around 4000 rpm, unplugging VST solenoid on that bank you can really hear the engine bog down, I'm satisfied that the cam is retarding/advancing as intended, I only changed it out of frustration, I was in there anyways to check the timing marks and change the timing belt.

Spark plugs looks surprisingly dry, very light brown. I'll try to post some pictures, the engine starts so easily, I'm thinking that bank must be helping somewhat initially and then fails? Idling for a few minutes and you start to smell unburnt gas.

just to try and be clear again,
          have spark, have fuel, have compression, but there is no power stroke on that bank until approximately 2500-3000rpm. If I unplug all three coils/injectors in that bank at idle, there is absolutely no noticeable change in the engine. If I plug those back in and start unplugging the opposite side, engines starts to stall immediately and with two unplugged with stall completely.

Rodbolt, what test equipment would you suggest?
          I'd consider buying it and shipping it down,

thanks
          travis

Comment

I would suggest a fuel rail pressure tester,a Kv tester,YDS and a DVA adapter.

Comment

Make sure the gauge or gauges are oil filled.

Comment

Thanks, I'll work on this and post back any results.
                Cheers
                travis

Comment

What its result??

Comment

Why is it you go to ANY boat Race,, and all are runinning Merc's

Comment

I’m the exact same problem as travis in this thread. The thread went cold. Anyone have any answers? I have same issue, tried same solutions. No luck

Comment

I’m having the exact same problem as travis in this thread. The thread went cold. Anyone have any answers? I have same issue, tried same solutions. No luck

Comment

I had this problem. It was the oil control valve for the cam

Comment

It is frustrating when posters abandon threads. Thanks BaJA, great input!

Comment

Working...
                            X