Yammi wont trim down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yammi wont trim down

Engine is 1999 S200TXRX. A few years ago I replaced the tilt ram seals for leaking. No problems since. Doing my spring prep work this weekend ( checking fluid
    level and adding grease to top of rams). I then exercised the engine to full up and then full down. But when the engine reaches the trim rams, it doesn’t go any further. The motor continues to operate as long as I hold the switch, but no more down motion. if I open the manual relief valve, the engine reaches the full down position. I thought this might be air so I raised electrically several times and lowered manually. Then raised and tried to add fluif, but the reservoir is full. Also if I lower the engine to the trim rams electrically and just crack open the manual relief valve and immediately close, the engine continues to drift down until I press the Up switch.
    any thoughts as this has me stumped???

Crap in the system....

Specifically what, dunno...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

So maybe I should try removing the entire assy and completely draining??? Then refilling with new fluid

Comment

Dunno, RB or someone else will have to chime in.

I suspect it'll be more than just a fluid change.

Don't know why no one's chiming in....
        Scott

Comment

I did speak with the local Yamaha shop, but he hasnt heard of this before. He was going to make some calls for me, but nothing yet. That’s why I figured to reach out to the experts here. Hopefully RB takes a look at this scenario.

Comment

Can't hurt to flush out the system a couple of times...don't take much dirt to make a check valve or spool valve stick in a hydraulic system. You might get lucky and fix it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
              Dunno, RB or someone else will have to chime in.

I suspect it'll be more than just a fluid change.

Don't know why no one's chiming in....
              No reason to chime in if we have no idea why something is happening,
              at least most of the time

Comment

64E showa unit no trim down.
                pump assy.

Comment

Even though the motor continues to run, you think the gear pump is at fault??

Comment

So here is the update. Removed entire trim/tilt assembly. Disassembled all pieces: reservoir, valve body, trim rams, and tilt ram. Drained all fluid. Blew out all orifices with dry shop air. Replaced all orings. Cleaned up valves and replaced any filters. Filled with clean fluid during reassembly. Installed assy back on engine. Exercised and topped off fluid several times. Problem solved!!!

Comment

Did you find anything amiss at all?

Any questionable O-rings, etc?

Great job BTW!!
                      Scott

Comment

Nothing to really make note of. Fluid was gray as if from material wear. Did not notice any signs of actual wear internally. Suspect that there could have been something causing the blockage, but really couldnt tell in the drained fluid.

Comment

I am happy it worked out well and did not cost a big pile of money.

Comment

Working...
                          X