This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JerEazy2 View Post

I gotta remember the battery drill next time I do anything on the intake haha.

are you saying I could just remove the pilot screws, spray some cleaner in there and then just put them back in and turn out to spec?

that would be much easier....
    Those are the pilot screws, I was referring to the IDLE and MAIN JETS. Those jets, per the pic are easily accessible. Those (the jets) are what usually clog (as the holes are so small) with varnish / crap.

If their clogged and you clean them, sure that would help. Might luck out.

The Pilot air screw orifices may be clogged. Could you just spray and see what happens? Sure.

All orifices really should be checked, that their clear. I use carb or brake cleaner and spray INTO that orifice to make sure it is indeed clear. Cleaner should come out in another part of the carb. If it doesn't (jets included), there's a restriction. This should have been done on EVERY orifice in the carb body plus of course the jets.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Those are the pilot screws, I was referring to the IDLE and MAIN JETS. Those jets, per the pic are easily accessible. Those (the jets) are what usually clog (as the holes are so small) with varnish / crap.

If their clogged and you clean them, sure that would help. Might luck out.

The Pilot air screw orifices may be clogged. Could you just spray and see what happens? Sure.

All orifices really should be checked, that their clear. I use carb or brake cleaner and spray INTO that orifice to make sure it is indeed clear. Cleaner should come out in another part of the carb. If it doesn't (jets included), there's a restriction. This should have been done on EVERY orifice in the carb body plus of course the jets.
      Yah - i did that to all of the jets when i did the rebuild and everything was clear. The pilots and the big brass plugs were what i didn't remove and spray through.

Comment

Working...
      X