X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 F200txra won't go over 5000 rpm

Thanks for the help in advance.

OK guys, I can't get my F200 over 5000k

1. I have checked fuel pressure on the fly hooking up a fuel pressure gauge to the high pressure fuel rails while cruising at 5000 rpm's and I would get 42 to 44 psi continuous pressure in fuel.
    2. fuel is fresh and I have added Sta-Bil Marine to my fuel at every fuel up.
    3. fuel injectors have been cleaned and I clean all filters even the one in the VST.
    4. I blow out the breather hose to fuel tank.
    5. I connected the computer to the engine and it is all clear there too.
    6. Idles and runs fine under 5000k
    7. never replaced prop, cause it is the same one I have had on this boat since 2003 with no issue. This problem started in Nov 2017. use to be able to get up to 6000 rpm's before Nov, also hard to get into plane.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you had a look at the spark plugs?

and while you are there, leakdown test / compression test might tell you something

Comment

Sparks looked great. I will have to do a compression test this weekend. Rain is in the forecast here in SoCal, thx you Fairdeal for coming back to me.

Comment

need to make sure all injectors are firing also.
        timing is easy to check with a light

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          need to make sure all injectors are firing also.
          timing is easy to check with a light
          Won't the YDIS see that???

Comment

probably better chance of him having a light.
            as far as injectors firing ECU may tell them to fire, but not sure it cantell it they did what they are told

Comment

probably better chance of him having a light.
              as far as injectors firing ECU may tell them to fire, but not sure it cantell it they did what they are told
              Cool, I will try, I always thought the clicking sound was the injectors opening..

Comment

if you can hear of feel the clicking from each injector I would think that are operating
                not sure if the click is opening or closing back off

Comment

What's the chance something changed with the boat? Bottom growth or water intrusion that may carry a good bit more weight. Does it stay in the water? Just something to rule out.
                  When were those plugs changed the last time?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    What's the chance something changed with the boat? Bottom growth or water intrusion that may carry a good bit more weight. Does it stay in the water? Just something to rule out.
                    When were those plugs changed the last time?
                    I was checking plugs, I have not changed them since 2016, so I just order some. Other then that, I have not had any issues. I take out my boat almost twice a month without fail.

1. I know fuel is good.
                    2. I know I have good batteries. Have 3, I check the charge on them before I go out every time.
                    3. Boat is on a trailer.
                    4. exhaust was done back in 2016.
                    5. replace ECU back in 2015 cause of IAC unit, burning out. Also burned out 2 of my coils.
                    6. Replaced IAC again back in 2016

Comment

2016 isn't all that long a time since replacement. Engine has had a few electrical gremlins for sure. At least you can rule out hull and weight I would think. Ran fine prior to Nov.....

Comment

I remember my brother with a 16 ' glass boat back in the 70s that caught and held a bunch of water in the hull sitting on a trailer
                        it was slow getting up on step
                        pulled the second plug that was from under the deck and it was a bunch of water that came out

Comment

I remember my brother with a 16 ' glass boat back in the 70s that caught and held a bunch of water in the hull sitting on a trailer
                          it was slow getting up on step
                          pulled the second plug that was from under the deck and it was a bunch of water that came out
                          Thank you, I checked the Hull to see if there was any water in it. all good.

Comment

Rodbolt is going to be so proud to read this:

"Now would be a good time to find a shop with test wheel YB-1626"

Comment

Originally posted by JerEazy2 View Post
                              Rodbolt is going to be so proud to read this:

"Now would be a good time to find a shop with test wheel YB-1626"
                              is he still around? great guy

Comment

Working...
                              X