2004 t8 tilt rebuild and update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 t8 tilt rebuild and update

Got a little tilt problem that has turned into a major one.
    We had some freezing weather and when I went fishing the motor would not go up. Got it up by bumping the switch. Took it off and opened it up. Electrically it is fine. Took it apart hoping to find some crud under a relief seat. ReAl clean and no blockages. One problem happened which brought me to a screeching halt. The seal relief valves fell out and I can not determine which side was toward the seat. Part # 6H1-4384G-11-00 The parts break out is not very good. Second question is can I change out
    The two valve seats with the 2006 and up four stroke . The main body and cylinder casting are identical numbers so if I use the 2006 springs and spacer it look like they should fit in ok. Any ideas

------------------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 12-18-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

----------------
      Last edited by boscoe99; 12-18-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the drawing of the seal orientation.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the orientation. Second question was about replacing part #32 on the 2004 parts list with the updated part #32 on the 2006 parts list
          Looking at the associated part numbers the housing and pump case are identical. Would require using the spacer #72 and the spring for the 2006. I think these parts were revised to eliminate tilt problems on earlier model so would like to change them while I am doing it.

Comment

-----------------
            Last edited by boscoe99; 12-18-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Model

I have a t8pxhc. There appears to be a new revision in 2006 on models t8dplh,t8dexh,t8delh and t8dpxh. Item 32 has a new # for the valve seat!spring!and spacer. It appears to be a change was made to eliminate the earlier model tilt problems. I checked the matching case numbers and they are the same so it appears the only dimensional change was the spring length due to the addition of the spacer used . Old valve seat is 69a-4382g-00-00 newer one is 69g-4382g-00-00.

Comment

---------------------
                Last edited by boscoe99; 12-18-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X