F225 Dyno test results from 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Dyno test results from 2002

I recently got my hands on an original paper copy of the June 2002 "Trailer Boats" magazine - been seeing references to it on the 'net for years
    which was a comparison test of the Yamaha F225 and the Honda BF225

here is a link to a scan of the entire article

https://www.docdroid.net/TPywMl1/tra...2002-34-mb.pdf

THT says it is 208 HP for the F225. Based on the only data they could find (or maybe wanted to disclose) to substantiate their position that the model was "weak".

Take your findings over there and see what they have to say please. Or I can do it for you.

By the way, what is your WOT RPM? Does the motor feel anemic to you?

Comment

I will happily leave it to you to stir the pot!
      Does the link work to the full article PDF?

Comment

Yes, the link works. A good read. Thanks for passing it along. First time I have seen or heard of this article.

Comment

my dyno was the IDC model. had 11ft hoses and could do left or right rotation.
          I kept it in the truck bed and held the pump with my crane lift.
          I used to do mobile dyno work.
          sometimes my customers neighbors were not real happy.

Comment

The motor instructor at TSTI back in the 70s had a Boss 428(or429) on the dyno trying different cams and carb/manifold set ups to see which he wanted before dropping into his 56 Ford PU.
            someone forgot to turn on the cooling water one day.
            motor died and aluminum was dripping out of the open headers.
            he was not in a good mood for some time.

he originally had a catalac motor with a 4 speed automatic in that truck when I 1st met him.
            that motor died while we were all running drags on a back road.
            he ended up putting a ford 429 wedge motor in it right before he busted a motor mount while coming up the ramp into the shop,
            motor jumped up on its side pulling the throttle linkage full on.
            He had the front tiers locked up and back tires smoking when he hit a lift with a car on it. knocked the car off and totaled his truck.
            That was a nice looking truck he had

Comment

I had the shift link on a 90 Yamaha snap while at full power in the dyno. the sudden loss of gear engagement was a tad shocking. I don't know how fast it was turning as the tach was pegged and it was a 0-8000 RPM tach.
              worried me a bit .

Comment

Rod is the 90 not one that is spring loaded into forward,
                where linkage has to force against the spring tension to get to neutral and reverse?

Comment

no. it uses a push pull link in the propshaft. that link failed and it went to N under a full load at about 5500.

Comment

Working...
                  X