Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Yamaha 115TLRD Fuel Filter Element superseded part question

Hey guys,

I recently just ordered a Fuel filter element for my 2005 Yamaha F115TLRD thru boats.net

I placed an order for part # 6R3-24563-00-00 BUT received the part 61N-24563-10-00

Their CS team said that it was superseded by this part and that it in fact fits my outboard, however on many external sources it says it doesn't. Could someone please confirm with me if this part does or does not fit my outboard?

Thanks
    Last edited by hgfishing; 03-15-2018, 04:50 PM.

Been my experience that Boats.net knows what they are selling. Very common for small changes to result in number changes on Yam parts. Go with it and let us know.

what external sources are you referencing?
    Last edited by pstephens46; 03-15-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Been my experience that Boats.net knows what they are selling. Very common for small changes to result in number changes on Yam parts. Go with it and let us know.

what external sources are you referencing?
      I spoke with one of their employees in the parts division that said it wouldn't fit... so that's why I was a little skeptical. As far as online I have looked at other Yamaha OEM part distributors like Crowley, West Marine, as far as ebay etc.

I am seeing the new superseded part fits '06+ smaller tiller outboards.

Comment

Originally posted by hgfishing View Post
        Hey guys,

I recently just ordered a Fuel filter element for my 2005 Yamaha F115TLRD thru boats.net
        thread title says " 2005 Yamaha 115TLRD " - carb'ed 2-stroke

your post says EFI 4 stroke -

which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

thread title says " 2005 Yamaha 115TLRD " - carb'ed 2-stroke

your post says EFI 4 stroke -

which is it?
          Thanks for the response. It is an F115TLRD. EFI 4 stroke.

Comment

then you need a 6d8-ws240. the one you have is for a 115 tlrd you need one for an F115tlrd.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              then you need a 6d8-ws240. the one you have is for a 115 tlrd you need one for an F115tlrd.
              Thanks for the reply. I tried looking up that OEM part but didn't see anything online. Take a look at this web link for me, this is the exploded diagram for part of the fuel system. For a F115TLRD is says I need what I originally tried to order (part #5) Filter Element, or am I looking at a bad source?
              http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...201/parts.html

Comment

I don't understand the problem here.

Comment

The 6R3 filter is used on a number of two stroke models. http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...563-00-00.html

It was superceded by the 61N-24563-10-00 filter. http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...563-10-00.html

Neither is the correct filter for an F115. F as in four stroke.

Original filter for the F115TLRD was 68V-24563-00-00 http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...563-00-00.html

The original filter is still in stock. It is the one for your motor.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    I don't understand the problem here.
                    He has a four stroke F115. He bought the filter for a 115. No F. A two stroke. He got the superceded filter for the two stroke 115.

He needs the filter for his F115 four stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

He has a four stroke F115. He bought the filter for a 115. No F. A two stroke. He got the superceded filter for the two stroke 115.

Thank you for help

Comment

Ok got it now. Missed the part of ordered X and received Y. Somehow I thought he was still trying to figure out what part number to order.

Comment

In the future you might want to go to the Yamaha US website first. http://yamahamc.partsandwarranty.com/SyndicateNav.cfm

There you can type is the engine ID (68VL in the first box) and then the serial numbers (1******) in the second box. Hit the go button and it will take you directly to your specific model/specific serial number. Get the part number(s) you need and then buy them from this site www.boats.net

Comment

anther reason why the model and sometimes serial number is rather important.
                            about the only thing the two 115 Hp motors share is the paint code.

Comment

In the future you might want to go to the Yamaha US website first. http://yamahamc.partsandwarranty.com/SyndicateNav.cfm

There you can type is the engine ID (68VL in the first box) and then the serial numbers (1******) in the second box. Hit the go button and it will take you directly to your specific model/specific serial number. Get the part number(s) you need and then buy them from this site www.boats.net

Is this link working for anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                              X