Setting Full Retard Timing - S150TXRU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am jumping no ones butt.
    I am simply stating that the only way to PROPERLY set the 3 timing points is while it is running at the speed of the timing point.
    some Yamaha motors have no adjustment nor timing marks. some have flywheel marks and a pointer, some have a TPS built into the CDI some have two ref marks under the flywheel for static timing. this motor simply is ment to be checked dynamically
    that is what test wheels were made for. that is why some shops use a dyno. it is also why sometimes I just have to have someone run it while I hang off the back.

Comment

I thought the OP showed where this motor had the referance makes under the flywheel for static timing

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        I thought the OP showed where this motor had the referance makes under the flywheel for static timing
        Yes it did have the marks.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          the amount of mis-information and plain stupid sheet makes me quit this thread.
          why cant folks simply use the manual and common sense?
          it is very simple.
          the ign timing must follow the throttle angle. must be checked dynamically after a static setting.
          yes Virginia, it is that simple.
          or simply pop a piston and piss and moan about a Yamaha manual.
          Yamaha states on the manual that it is for use by trained techs.
          or at least folks with common sense.
          that old distributor that you twisted, yep it did the same thing that the magneto control lever did.
          only it did it slightly different.
          I was using the manual - but couldn’t make sense of it until I found the marks it was referencing. Once I found the timing marks underneath, the manual made sense and I followed the steps it laid out. So I’m not sure what you’re referring to. I literally typed the step by step instructions from the manual into my post. The pissing and moaning about the manual was justified at the time, I assure you.

Anyway - she ran like a champion yesterday. Still need to re-sync the carbs after the timing adjustment to finish the manuals process. But all in all things are going great. Even fixed my gauge issue while the family walked the shores.

Comment

Working...
          X