Gale Buccaneer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gale Buccaneer

My daughter and partner have bought a vintage speedboat with a vintage outboard with the above title. Does anyone know where we can get manuals and parts? Engine is 2 stroke and goes well apart from some difficulty engaging gears....

This begs atleast a picture .

Comment

Need the specific model of the two stroke. Better still the engine ID which should be on the side of the motor.

Now if all you can tell me is that it is a Yamaha motor then all I can tell you is to contact the Yamaha dealer in your area for manuals and parts.

We need help from you to help us help you. Thanks.

Comment

You might get a start at this place.

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_buccaneer.html

Comment

Thank you Panasonic

Comment

OMG.
            most posters here don't even remember Gale outboards.
            the Gale buccaneer was made by OMC back in the late 50's and early 60's.
            typically in a 35 or 40 hp.
            post up some pics and I can narrow it down.

Comment

I thought the Gale Buccaneer was a boat with some kind of Yamaha on the back.

Now if it is a Gale motor why ask at a Yamaha motor site?

Confused.

Maybe folks are over at the Gale Buccaneer site asking about Yamaha motors. Don't know.

Comment

I remember and have worked on the Gale Buccaneer engines when I was a kid. That be along time ago.

Comment

I remember an Elgin, a Sears Gaamefisher, a British Seagull and some monkey ward motors. Never heard of a Gale.

Was in a gale when in then Navy but that is a different story.

Comment

I remember the elgin, **** fisher but no seagull.

Comment

I had a 45 elgin with auto bail that I ran a few yrs in tx.
                      back in the day I worked on Martins,seagulls and all kinds of wonky stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X